Anyone Here Good at Math? - Math and Medications

What about post #17 that I edited with corrections. Does that one look off as well? If so, I may have to rethink my formulas for both.

TIA

@Free Spirit the numbers in #17 are very close.
big_smile.png
Hint... the number of mg of amprolium in the 0.24% gallon is over 900, but less than 960.

-Kathy

@Free Spirit the numbers in #17 are very close.
big_smile.png
Hint... the number of mg of amprolium in the 0.24% gallon is over 900, but less than 960.

-Kathy

@casportpony I believe I figured it out now. I know where I went wrong. I should have never converted oz to mg to begin with and should have stuck to converting oz to ml to g at the onset.

Please check my work and let me know if it looks better now. Posts # 17 and # 29. Both have been edited to reflect the changes.

-Free Spirit

Much better! You notice how the amounts for making a liter are nice, rounded numbers?

-Kathy

I did! I do like the metric systems as they are always more precise. But I was overcomplicating it. I tend to do that
big_smile.png
wink.png
. Thanks for the challenge. It was fun, informative, and will be very useful.

-Free Spirit

Keep these numbers in mind, especially the number of mg per gallon or liter as the will come in handy when I add calculating powders.

-Kathy
thumbsup.gif

I've been doing all my calculating on scratch paper and putting the final details organized into a fresh notebook so it's right at my fingertips just in case I ever need them.

Powders? - Bring it on !
big_smile.png

Quote: Powders are tricky, because most people don't have scales and they assume that one tablespoon of powder weighs 15 grams. Di you know that even places like Durvet have made this assumption? Not only have they made that assumption, they have errors in their product catalog.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom