Anyone here have Fibromyalgia?

Update- I'm home from the Dr now. He ordered a lot of lab work-a whole list of things the tech said. I'll go back next Friday and see him again. He was so good at listening and seemingly understanding that I almost cried. It seems like most Drs are so callous and in a hurry and don't really listen to women. That's why I put this off for so long. Hopefully he'll have an easy explanation for why I feel so crappy.
Lisa

Quote:
This looks facinating! I wonder if I could try this out at home, considering it's outlined well enough to do so. Also, I'm not in California so I couldn't see him and I don't have the money to anyhow. The varapamil I was taking only worked for about 2 weeks on my Raynaud's and did nothing for my pain. Now my dr. want's to put me on Imdur. It seems he's trying to treat (or in my opinion, mask) just the Raynaud's and is ignoring the rest of it. I'm frustrated and willing to try something that someone says has actually worked.

Thanks again for the info.

When I first began the protocol, it was with a large bottle of guaifenesin that my cousin gave me. Because she and my aunt both used the same amount, I figured chances were that would be my doseage, also.
I could feel it working in no time at all. My shins and legs especially hurt.... I felt like I had shin splints all the time. After a few months, that stopped. I had other aches and pains at times, but apparently this was the phosphates/calcium emptying out of my joints and muscles.
When the bottle had been used up, I went to Kaiser and my dr. gave me a note for it. One really doesn't need a prescription for most of it, because it doesn't affect the liver as does most medicine. I used the same doseage, and suddenly everything 'stopped' feeling different to me. No more twinges, etc. I felt as if nothing was happening in my body.... so I went to see Dr. St. Amand. He 'mapped' my body and told me where all the different areas of the phosphates were. I told him about the Kaiser guai and he had heard this same story from others.
Apparently there is long-acting guaifenesin, and then there is longacting gauifenesin!
big_smile.png
So I paid for the stuff he recommended and within a week I felt that something was happening again. I went back a couple of times to be checked out and to see if my body was being cleaned out of this stuff. Once he felt the back of my neck and said 'this big knot here is gone; you must have had a migraine headache with that happening!'. Well, I *had* had a terrible neckache for a week. I hadn't mentioned this to him, but he could tell.

So, you can try it on your own. The main problem is getting the proper guaifenesin. The other big aspect of this protocol, is that salicylates will block the guaifenesin. Salicylates are found in plants.... you cannot use any products that have plants in them. Which is just about everything.
smile.png
This was overwhelming to me at first, but now it's easy. I would recommend purchasing his book, and reading it completely. This will help you to understand the protocol much better.
His website gives places that you can purchase the guaifenesin without a prescription. Or, your dr. may call the office here in southern California with a prescription, and the pharmacy will send it out to you. That's what I do now.

Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

sorry for the silly question here, but is that guaifenesin the same as in Robistussin? Plain Robitussin syrup (not DM or PE or CF....) is that, isn't it?
The box says Guaifenesin USP 100 mg/5 ml dose. I use it as an expectorant when I catch a cold.
Lisa

Do you have to take it all the time? Do you eventually get to go off it and eat plants again? I have that same knot in the back of my neck all the time and yes I have migraines. I spend a fortune on chiroprators to keep going. I'm really interested in this. But I can't see not eating anything with plants in it. That's like everything but meat.
sad.png

I think it's getting worse over a peroid of time.

Hi Mike, Ya think?
hu.gif
big_smile.png

Yep, I'm afraid that's probably the case. It's the pits believe me. It's also horribly depressing to find your body refusing to do stuff you know you can do. It's like growing old WAY before your time. Hope she does ok.​

Yes, the guaifenesin is a component of a lot of the cold medicines. However, it's not the same as taking a tablet of pure guaifenesin for fibromyalgia. The tablets are timed released; one takes them twice a day. This prevents the phosphates from building up in one's body. This is why I had trouble with the guai from Kaiser's pharmacy.... it wasn't really a 12 hour timed released as it stated it was.

Eating plants is not the same thing as applying them to your body.
smile.png
It's a bit confusing at first, but then it becomes clearer!
Your skin is an organ that will absorb whatever you put onto it. If you use a face cream with aloe oil (which contains salicylates), then the salicylates are absorbed into your body and blocks the gauifenesin so that it can't do its job. Eating plants brings the salicylates into the digestive area where they are destroyed before being absorbed. I buy a special toothpaste to use (the majority of them have mint) and am careful about cosmetics and other toiletries.
Did you know that 95% of lipsticks all use castor oil as their base???
roll.png
Because the oil is from the castor bean plant, I can't use it.
The guaifenesin works by parking itself into the little 'garages' where the phosphates/calcium would park themselves. The guai blocks new phosphates and cleans these minerals out of your body, over a period of time. If you use salicylates, then it blocks the guai before it can block the phosphates.
Whew!! Quite an explanation.
smile.png

I would suggest to anyone that they purchase Dr. Paul St. Amand's book, located on his website. You can purchase them from Amazon, I know. This is still a relatively new disease, and there is still much to learn.

LoneCowboy,
Have you talked to your doctor about trigger point injections? That's about the only thing that works long-term for that knot in my neck. I also have to get one occasionally in my pelvis. Other people swear by chiropractors, my SO included. I steer clear of them for a number of reasons, mainly because each time they would manipulate my neck my migraines would get worse, not better. To each his own I guess. The trigger points are great though. Oh and I forgot, about once or twice a year I now get a trigger point in my jaw too (I have TMJ as well from major jaw reconstruction as a teen). Those work great! Completely relieves my jaw/ear pain for 3 to 6 months each time.

My dau has fibro and she takes celebrex, what is magnesium oil and where do you find it, I would like for her to get off so many meds and try something natural.
sad.png

Mother to 24 RIR's,1 pit bull, 1poodle mix, l arorable yorkie,1 cat and baby sitting my gd great dane,Oh yes i also have one DH of 54 years

Back
Top Bottom