Anyone here have Fibromyalgia?

I do the chiropractor thing, because I have many other problems. My lower back is in the 3rd phase of deterioration and my neck is phase 1. Some times it's hard to tell what is Fibro and what is the other.

As far as the guaif. stuff, I don't wear makeup or anything like that, so I should be fine there. Sounds like I better get this book and give it a shot. I would like to feel like I'm 44 again instead of 84.
big_smile.png
Well truth be told, I'd like to feel like I was 18 again, but 18 wasn't so great either.
big_smile.png

Quote:
This is SO scary to me. I had leg cramps all the time when I was a child.

BOTH of my children complain of leg cramps quite frequently.

Tonya

Man I had terrible problems as a kid. My legs would hurt so bad that I'd have to cry myself to sleep. At 16 they decided to cut the muscles away from my knee caps to see if that was the problem. I actually think it was a hip problem all along, but yeah, I had horrible problems. I don't know if you can say that about everybody who has growing pains though.

Quote:
That's funny, at 16 they wanted to cut my achilles tendons in the back of my legs to "loosen" my leg muscles up a bit. Thank goodness my parents didn't let them. They did however convince my parents to have my upper jaw (the maxilla) broken in 3 places and re-aligned. Now 30 years later I'm paying the price for that with daily headaches/earaches. As I said before, I get trigger point injections for that pain when it sticks around too long. That usually stops it for quite awhile, sometimes as long as a year.

Hi everyone!! I just read an article in a magazine and thought you might like to know...who knows, it may help you all. I did not read all the posts, so fogive me if this has been mentioned before. It's a supplement Corvalen. Says people had fewer aches and less fatigue. Log on to www.corvalen.com. Hope this can help some of you! I don't have fibromyalgia, but I have pain in both my hands that make doing any thing quite painful. Good Luck, maybe it'll help .....

Quote:
As far as supplements go, you might want to take a look at vitamin D3. I read a very interesting article about it in the Jan/Feb. edition of mother earth news. I'm trying it now, what have I got to lose?

Yeah, my doctor prescriped a 10 Dram dose of Vit D for me last time I was in there. I do feel better. But it's a 10 DRAMS. You can't take that many over the counter VIT D pills. It's like 125 or something crazy like that. I only take it once a week also. So you may not notice a significant improvement with just a wuzzy dose of Vit D

Quote:
I'm taking 3000 IU a day. Although that's much higher than the RDA and vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin (meaning it is stored in your body and not eliminated the way a water soluble is), it's still much lower than what it takes to get overloaded on it (something like 10,000). It needs to be the D three, not the D2 that is in alot of supplements.
We'll see how it goes.

yeah, I'm taking 50,000 IU a week. Of course, the doctor did blood work before prescribing it. It's nice, because my Dr. actually has Fibromyalgia so she knows what to look for and what to tweak. She says the new drug out (can't remember teh name) Has been working pretty good. But figures my insurance won't pay for it, and it's pricy. I really hate not being able to get the best care possible because of insurance.
somad.gif

Just goes to show the differences in doctors I guess. Mine says the new drug, Lyrica, is not safe in his opinion and he won't prescribe it until it's had alot more trials.
When I was pregnant with my first child my OB put me on a drug called Bendectin for hyperemesis gravidum (non-stop vomiting) after we had a long talk about it and he promised me it was safe. Three months after delivery it was pulled off the market.
Same thing with Zelnorm, which my former doctor prescribed to me for IBS; swore he had read all the literature and it was completely safe. It worked great, but it too was pulled off the market.
Some doctors, when pressed for time (as most of them seem to be) will prescribe based on what the drug rep. has told them, not on the ongoing studies of the drug.

Back
Top Bottom