Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I do! In fact, they should ship out today and get here Friday! I ordered:

7 Ameraucana (EE) pullets and 1 cockerel

6 cuckoo Marans pullets

5 partridge Chentecler pullets and 1 cockerel

3 Ancona pullets

Mostly I ordered them for a colorful egg basket, but I may use the EEs and Marans to try and make some olive eggers. My husband requested the Chenteclers, we've had that breed before and he really enjoyed them. I'm hoping they throw a few packing peanuts I the box too. Mine are coming from Ideal, can't wait!
:)

oh that sounds so exciting! The "colorful egg basket" is my side project for this year. =D My DH and I thought that would be a good selling point. ;)
Is Ideal good? I'm still kind of worried about my chicks arriving... You should post a picture when you get your babies!!! =D =D
I actually didn't know marans and EE make olive eggers =/ but that so[quote name

I love Ideal. Their customer service was great. We only lost one chick, and we think that was because she was injured in shipping. I think her leg was dislocated. They cave us money back on her and one other Pullet that had a broken toe. Hope you enjoy your chicks!!!

Here they are! Some of them, anyway.

A couple of cuckoo Marans and a cute little red EE (and an Ancona head
tongue.png
)

Partridge Chenteclers.

An Ancona soaking up some sun.

Love them! Wish I didn't have to go to work today
hmm.png

This was me today! and yesterday and two weeks ago lol

I found someone who lives close to me that had OE's hatch a little over a week ago and then EE's hatch a couple of days ago. I was going to pick them up at the same time because I was only going to get an EE and a OE. Only one EE hatched so she sold me her (hopefully a her) and I ended up bringing home two OE's - one of which is a runt because I am a sucker for a runt!

I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so excited. ha! I know how you ladies feel.

Those babies sure are cute that someone posted pics of!

omg howfunkyisurchicken your chicks are adorable!!!! oh I can't wait for mine now. Gonna clean out the brooder tomorrow. Gonna call the post office tomorrow morning to make sure. =D I still didn't get a note saying they shipped the chicks. =(

Here they are! Some of them, anyway.

A couple of cuckoo Marans and a cute little red EE (and an Ancona head
tongue.png
)

Partridge Chenteclers.
Now those are some FUNKY chickens for sure! I love it!

An Ancona soaking up some sun.

Love them! Wish I didn't have to go to work today
hmm.png
Congrats on your little cuties.
I will probably end up with a bunch of broilers as packing peanuts.
he.gif
I should have ordered a bunch more pullets.
he.gif

I am waiting for mine from Cackle. Date confirmation for March 23 was in my e-mail today.
I ordered 6 BA, 6 Wellsummer and 3 Dark Brahama all pullets.
I am refreshing my flock this year. I plan to sell the Wellsummers and keep the rest.
The Dark Brahama are in hopes that in the future I can rely on them to brood the chicks I may add.

Thank you! I love those little nuggets, they're friendly little things!
If you don't want the packing peanuts, or have a use or plan for them, its definitely worth it to pay the extra money for a heat pack!

Thank you! I love those little nuggets, they're friendly little things!
If you don't want the packing peanuts, or have a use or plan for them, its definitely worth it to pay the extra money for a heat pack!
I had put in the comments section that if additional chicks were put in the order to please vaccinate them as well. I do not see it on the confirmation of order. This has me worried I will be getting broilers and they will not be vaccinated since they do not vaccinate them.
I did not even find a heat pack as an option on the site either.
Well I guess I can raise them up and send them to camp. I can put a hoop coop over the garden for that.
I had wanted a few other hens but with the ones I wanted being sold out for the season at Cackle and the BA sold out for the season at Meyer I had to make a move or end up getting none.
It will all work out in the end I am sure. I just want them to make it safely, whatever they may end up being.

For what its worth, I've never gotten meaties or broilers as packing peanuts. I've gotten them in 2 of my shipments, 1 order came with 15 or so barred Rock cockerels, the other came with 10 or so production Red cockerels.
I doubt they'll vaccinate any of the peanuts since they'll be including them free of charge. I'd imagine you'd have to pay to have them vax'd.
When I placed my order online, right before I checked out they suggested I purchase a heat pack, grow gel or insurance for my order (all of which I declined).

You should just give them a call and see what your options are :)

We get ours locally, and seen today that rural King nearest us already has chick's. Wow that's early around hear. Wed have full grown chickens in the kitchen by the time you could put them out.

Rule of thumb was always get chick's around easter.

Still single digits this time of year here.

I looked online and was shocked at the cost of chick's. Honestly shocked. I don't want nothing fancy, but 3-4 dollars a head? That's crazy! Plus shipping on top of that? Just wow.

Back
Top Bottom