Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I got my five Australorp pullets from Cackle Hatchery, on time, happy and very energetic considering the trip. My children love them.

Last edited:

Has anyone here ordered the bantam city/town special from Cackle? I've already ordered so just looking for what to expect. Please be kind. :) I have the brooder all set. They're not due until February 26. I'm hoping they come sooner. This is our first chick experience. We had standard hens before but they were about 3 months old when we got them. So there's some experience!! We areso excited for them to get here!!

Yay!! Congratulations Nicolekos!! So glad they arrived all safe and healthy. Awaiting my 5 bantams from Cackle.

Last edited:
I wasn't able to get everything I wanted from one hatchery and had to order from 3. I've made changes to 2 of the orders, but I think I've finally settled on my decisions.

Sexed Pullets from Meyer, shipping March 16th:
2 Buff Laced Polish
2 Olive Eggers
2 Sumatras
2 Buckeyes
2 Dark Cornish
5 Cornish X

Sexed Pullets from Ideal, shipping March 18th:
2 Buff Orpingtons
2 LF Buff Cochins
2 Salmon Faverolles
2 EE
2 Silver Grey Dorkings
2 Spangled Russian Orloffs
2 Cream Brabanter
3 Partridge Chantecler
3 Norwegian Jaerhon

From Metzer, shipping May 4th:
1 pair American Buff Geese (male and female)

Thanks, I've been planning my selections since last year's order! The Polish, Orpingtons, Cochins, and Faverolles are for our daughter. Apparently she's got a thing for blondes.

I placed my order for the cackle surprise. It's a great bargain. Hope to get some ducks or turkey with it. I put ASAP. They haven't sent me a ship date yet. I hope it is soon.

I ordered from Cackle Hatchery... I looked ahead and in the end of Feb and it will be 34 degrees- which will be warmer, plus we're getting more chicks.They covered the whole thing- no cost to us. 2 day delivery guaranteed.

I'm sure most will survive. I just feel bad:(
now 5 barred, 5 buff orpingtons. now we need to find home for 6 of them:)

Back
Top Bottom