Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I'm sitting here with the 5 survivors of a very unfortunate order receipt last week awaiting the replacement order Monday morning. As the last chick of the previous bunch died yesterday, it's been a very emotional week and I'm so ready for the upswing I'm on now!

I already have 8 month old Black and Blue Cochin roo's; a Pheonix roo; 6 Pearl White Leghorn, 4 Barred Rock, 2 Brown Leghorn (These were all part of the Rainbow Layer Collection and we didn't plan to keep them), 2 Black Australorp, an EE, a RIR and a Blue Andalusian pullets. The survivors seem to be EE's, Welsummers and a Cuckoo Maran. We are all awaiting:

Egyptian Fayoumis
EE's
Red Cap
Buttercup
White Faced Black Spanish
Mottled Houdan
Blue Cochin
Black Cochin
Sumatra
Columbian Wyandotte
Delaware
Speckled Sussex
and whatever will be included in the Ornamental Layer Collection

All should be females, but we don't really care. They'll all be spoiled regardless.

I can just barely stand the wait! Good thing I have these little ones to fuss over while I do!
The Postmistress just called!
wee.gif

Got email this morning that the chicks have shipped (or at least the label was printed!). waiting for email updates! going to set up my brooder today. my Chick starter package didn't come before the babies! I did buy my own feeder and waterer so we'll be ok! So excited I can't wait for Wednesday!
it's so great to be able to follow everyone on here as the chicks arrive. Some so sad stories and lots of happy ones. I am nervous abut what our story will be. but we'll know on Wed.
Thank you all for sharing the helpful tips and all your support!

I am sorry you lost them. They are some of the cutest breeds those little Houdans.
hugs.gif

We are entering a very cold couple weeks here and I am worried about the chickens I have reserved at a store 100 miles from home. They assure me they are being sent next day air and will be fine.

Last edited:
I am sorry you lost them. They are some of the cutest breeds those little Houdans. :hugs

We are entering a very cold couple weeks here and I am worried about the chickens I have reserved at a store 100 miles from home. They assure me they are being sent next day air and will be fine.

Scary, be nice if we could all have them hand delivered, or be able to just pick them up. Oh well, I hope they all make it fine! Next day really isn't so bad...

Back
Top Bottom