Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

That last 5 days is rough. I had a real clean house, a ready and warm brooder, coop almost done, and every other task around here that could possibly be done was DONE!!

Yay!! I got them home safe and sound!! All 5 were perfectly warm, happy and chirpy. Thanks chickensforbackyards! This was a great first time experience
AWWW!!! I'm having a blast with my 10 chickadees:) Last time I only had 3 so I feel like a mommy to decuplets- they are jumping a little more (7 days old) and holding all of them - nuzzling- is like having a bunch of fuzzy,puffy popcorn balls!!! So cute though, some of them have started doing the "head shaking" when they hear my voice:):)

Ideal's site was down last night, so I figured they were updating a lot of info on available breeds. So I was messing around with combinations of chicks I want, when I came across a combo that will ship on Wednesday. Everything else was saying May or June, and I'm impatient. So I ordered 2 Blue and 2 Red Silkies, 2 Chocolate OEGB, and 2 Black d'Anvers. Don't mind extra males for warmth, as there are plenty of people here that will take them. Last time I got a turkey as an extra, as well.

.....impatiently......waiting......still....... My batch of itty bitties had a problem, so I had to wait another month for a new batch.....2 weeks in and I'm going crazy!!!! Gimme my chickies!!:D

The feed store I had reserved chicks at called and one of the breeds I had reserved came in a week early. I am heading down on Wednesday to pick them up. EXCITING to finally be getting them.
They also had most of the other breeds I had reserved for a later date already there so I reserved them too.

Holy cow I am not quite ready for them. Lots to do tomorrow after work.
th.gif

well im cheating im buying from a local farm that gets day old sexed chicks from mt healthy hatchery in ohio. they raise them until 8 weeks old and sell them at $8 each. i ordered 12 white leghorn pullets and 8 golden comet pullets. im picking them up end of april.

I do not think that is cheating at all. You wont have to have the heat lamp or the pasty butts to deal with. Smart move.
Mine are also coming from Mt Healthy. Mine are getting shipped to a localish feed store. It is a 120 mile one way trip for me to pick them up.
sickbyc.gif
I will have to make this trip twice since all the breeds are not available in the same week.

yes i love the fact i dont have to brood chicks. this will be the 3rd time i have bought pullets from this farm since 2009 so its worth the drive 60 miles one way to get them about a 3 hour round trip .

Back
Top Bottom