Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

LOL If I could get away with ordering more without my husband finding out I would. This will replace our flock completely, we lost so many last year and have mostly older birds left now. I have some mixed breed chicks I'm selling to help pay for the new ones. I plan on buying more turkeys and ducks next year for the freezer as the ones bought this year will be going in and getting eaten started this fall. Just hope my males are actually males, they don't gurantee the males, only pullets. So here goes nothing LOL

Out of curiosity, what was the reason for your losses???
hu.gif

Boo- we lost a little barred rock- she was the smallest. Her name was Sweet Pea. Not sure if she suffocated under the rest of them or what, we woke up and she was under everyone and dead... not sure why she couldn't wedge her way out like the rest.... maybe she was sick. Either way she was loved, spoiled and snuggled and pooped on her human momma 2xs a day.

Out of curiosity, what was the reason for your losses???
hu.gif
We lost 4 due to some very aggressive White Leghorns, they were the packing peanuts in our last order. They got eaten. 5 Were killed by an owl, and we know because we caught him in the act in broad daylight. 1 from a snake, I will be making a wallet out of him for killing my beautiful Pebbles. 3 from dogs, and about 12 from unknown causes. We found the bodies but could never figure out what it was. Possibly a coon or opossum. I was very upset with the loss of so many birds in less than 12mo. We have secured our runs and houses and put up aviary netting to deal with birds of prey and a serious hot wire around the outside of the runs for other critters.

Back
Top Bottom