Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

That's a breed that they had at my feed store. It was so hard not to bring home just one more--must resist!

Oh for sure I'm not going back to the grange. I have no self control which might explain our big family
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I checked McMurray's website (again) today, and all chicks I ordered for April 16 delivery are available the week of April 4! Made a quick switch to the order and took a week off my wait time so I'm very happy today
wee.gif

It's the first week they'll ship less than 25 birds, so April 4 it is!

Yay!! I got them home safe and sound!! All 5 were perfectly warm, happy and chirpy. Thanks chickensforbackyards! This was a great first time experience

That box looks tiny compared to the regular small chick box. Do you happen to have a good pic of the box?

I looked at your album. You have beautiful chickens , but didn't see any turkeys, Did I miss them??

I forgot to come back here the other day and post a pic.

It's hard to judge sizes in a photo without a reference point. So I threw a laying hen in the turkey pen and then followed her around with the camera trying to get good shots when she was next to the turkeys. This was the best pic. They were actually touching, and you can easily see how small that full grown turkey is.

Ladycat, it was a small lidded box inside of another box. And then the chicks were inside of another smaller box inside the lidded box( this box was just the lower portion sitting inside the lidded box). If they makes sense. They were really secure in there. All still doing very well

Ladycat, it was a small lidded box inside of another box. And then the chicks were inside of another smaller box inside the lidded box( this box was just the lower portion sitting inside the lidded box). If they makes sense. They were really secure in there. All still doing very well

That's interesting. I want to start shipping chicks next year, and my searching just turns up the regular chick boxes. Most of my shipments will probably be 10 or fewer chicks.

As I sit her at 2:45pm my chicks are supposed be delivered by 3:00 today. The last post in the tracking said that they departed Texas at 11:16pm last night. We'll see...not looking so good....I'm definitely impatiently waiting!
Well they finally arrived! A 6 week old Buff Orpington and 6 week old Rhode Island Red. They were very well packaged with cucumbers and cantaloupe. They were very thirsty and a bit on the dirty side but otherwise appear healthy.

Back
Top Bottom