Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Well they finally arrived! A 6 week old Buff Orpington and 6 week old Rhode Island Red. They were very well packaged with cucumbers and cantaloupe. They were very thirsty and a bit on the dirty side but otherwise appear healthy.

That's really cool! I have heard of ordering older birds in the mail but have never seen any pics before!

Well they finally arrived! A 6 week old Buff Orpington and 6 week old Rhode Island Red. They were very well packaged with cucumbers and cantaloupe. They were very thirsty and a bit on the dirty side but otherwise appear healthy.
Poor, sweet babies! What a wild ride they must have had! So what are their names?

Picked up four today! 2 barred rocks, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 light brahma. We'll be getting a couple more tomorrow. Perhaps chicken math wil come into play!

Picked up four today! 2 barred rocks, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 light brahma. We'll be getting a couple more tomorrow. Perhaps chicken math wil come into play!

My babies don't hatch until April 6th and the agway by me has babies today. So hard not to go get some because I don't want 2 brooders. I keep looking for more chickens. I have only one right now because the other turned out to be a rooster. She is 4 months old and I'm getting three 4 month olds the end of the month. I think 10 is enough for this year but I can't stop looking!

My babies don't hatch until April 6th and the agway by me has babies today. So hard not to go get some because I don't want 2 brooders. I keep looking for more chickens. I have only one right now because the other turned out to be a rooster. She is 4 months old and I'm getting three 4 month olds the end of the month. I think 10 is enough for this year but I can't stop looking!

April 6 probably seems like forever! Hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom