Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Woo-hoo, I've hit the single digits.... 9 days to fluffy chick nirvana. Hopefully this batch won't have a hatch issue. I wouldn't have the patience to wait yet another month!!
1f423.png
1f49b.png
1f423.png

Last update! Got pipping! C'mon babies! Crack those shells!

I'm hoping for the first of the week at this point in time. I've been doing final tuning on the brooder. Got two bad packages of yellow bulbs. I've been getting good temp readings wth 60 watt bulbs but none have lasted longer than 8 hours. Thanks GE. I switched to red bulbs. My husband has given me his photography fixture to use in the brooder. It holds two light bulbs. Got two 40s going right now and the temps holding at 95. It's been a juggling act the last few days with the temp fluctuating.

I'm starting to seriously consider the Broody Hen Heating Pad.

Since my current batch of hens were all named after spices, this next batch needs a cool theme too. I'm thinking naming them all "chicken", but in 6 different languages. A good idea, or too corny??

Since my current batch of hens were all named after spices, this next batch needs a cool theme too. I'm thinking naming them all "chicken", but in 6 different languages. A good idea, or too corny??
That is cute, but as long as its an easy word to say... For example don't use chicken in Japanese which I think is yowamushi.... I am not positive tho
hide.gif
. Other than that its a great idea!

I think it is awesome!

German = Das Huehn (the chicken) (hoon)

French = Poulet (poo lay)

Spanish/Italian = Pollo

That is all I know :)

Last edited:
I hear ya! I got my Eco glo brooder last fall for my April chicks, and now getting cardboard boxes from work to make one big brooder!! Exciting and nerve-wracking!!

How do you like the EcoGlo? Did you use it inside? I'm planning to use it in the garage and I'm beginning to get nervous it's not going to be enough...?!

Back
Top Bottom