Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

@Bloveschickens That is what I thought but then I read that they need to be a day old to sex them, and since we ordered layers (which need to be hens) I am assuming they need to wait? Do you know any details?
I have never read about that before, I assumed they just sexed them as soon as they were all dry. In that case I would think that 3/23 would be the day that they will ship your chicks because they are saying that chicks are available on that day. If you really want to know you could call Murray McMurray and see what day the chicks will be shipped so you know what day to be expecting your chicks' arrival.

Ordered my chicks in November from Meyer Hatchery for April 6th delivery - believe me these farm store "chick days" have been KILLING ME!!
Here's what I have coming (supposed to be all females):
1 Barred Rock
1 Black Australorp
1 Buff Orpington
1 Salmon Faverolle
1 Welsummer
1 Cream Legbar

So excited :)
Great Variety! I love the breeds you picked! Be sure to post pictures when your babies arrive.
big_smile.png

My first order has left the sort facility in Portland! It's about a 3 hour drive (with no stops) down to us so maybe I'll get my chicks today.

Thank you Bloveschickens :)

I wanted a nice variety of different breeds - different colored chicks (the picts I've seen of the buff orp and faverolle look ALOT alike except the cheeks are a little more floofy on the faverolle), different colored chickens, and I should have a neat variation of egg colors too when they start producing :D

I'll definately post picts! What's really exciting is someone on FB said that "if you want your chicks by Easter then they needed to be placed in the incubator by last Saturday" - so that means my babies are in the incubator at the hatchery right now! YAY

Last edited:
Thank you Bloveschickens :)

I wanted a nice variety of different breeds - different colored chicks (the picts I've seen of the buff orp and faverolle look ALOT alike except the cheeks are a little more floofy on the faverolle), different colored chickens, and I should have a need variation of egg colors too when they start producing :D

I'll definately post picts! What's really exciting is someone on FB said that "if you want your chicks by Easter then they needed to be placed in the incubator by last Saturday" - so that means my babies are in the incubator at the hatchery right now! YAY
So are my babies
big_smile.png

I am getting mine Friday and I am so excited!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
I can not wait anymore!!!!
barnie.gif

This is what I am getting:

1 Easter egger pullet
1 speckled sussex pullet
1 Silver laced wyandotte pullet

This is the thread I mad about my chicks I am going to post pictures on there as soon as I get them and as they grow:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/958904/getting-3-baby-chicks#post_14929064

So are my babies
big_smile.png

I am getting mine Friday and I am so excited!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
I can not wait anymore!!!!
barnie.gif

This is what I am getting:

1 Easter egger pullet
1 speckled sussex pullet
1 Silver laced wyandotte pullet

This is the thread I mad about my chicks I am going to post pictures on there as soon as I get them and as they grow:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/958904/getting-3-baby-chicks#post_14929064

Love love love all three of those breeds!! They are definately on my "want" list :D I'll have to follow your post that is such a cool idea - posting picts as they develop. Very cool!

Ordered my chicks in November from Meyer Hatchery for April 6th delivery - believe me these farm store "chick days" have been KILLING ME!!
Here's what I have coming (supposed to be all females):
1 Barred Rock
1 Black Australorp
1 Buff Orpington
1 Salmon Faverolle
1 Welsummer
1 Cream Legbar

So excited :)
I ordered mine back in Nov. also! The wait has been killing me too. Ive been keeping myself busy to pass the time.

Back
Top Bottom