Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I ordered mine back in Nov. also! The wait has been killing me too. Ive been keeping myself busy to pass the time.
One good thing about ordering clear back in November is I was able to get all of the breeds I wanted (or the ones I wanted at that time...not saying my "want" list hasn't grown since then LOL).

Ya, it's hard to stay busy! Since this is my first time having chickens, I've been doing a TON of reading and I've gathered a nest of supplys for when they little ones get here
big_smile.png

One good thing about ordering clear back in November is I was able to get all of the breeds I wanted (or the ones I wanted at that time...not saying my "want" list hasn't grown since then LOL).

Ya, it's hard to stay busy! Since this is my first time having chickens, I've been doing a TON of reading and I've gathered a nest of supplys for when they little ones get here
big_smile.png
Same here. They had all the ones I wanted back then in stock. I thought I was crazy for ordering so early...then saw in Jan/ Feb they were out of a ton of breeds. Guess we werent so crazy!

Ive got the brooder almost ready, so Ive been working on their coop. Ive read a ton since Nov. too. I feel very ready.

I also ordered in November. I thought i was being over anxious and jumping the gun. It also is my first chick order. But like you guys, i saw my breeds sell out in a flash. 6 days left till hatch day
1f423.png
. My girls are coming from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio.

Since my brooder was ready last month before the hatch issue...i now spend my days thinking abouthow to set up a photography studio next to the brooder. I have a feeling im going to be postin LOTS of pictures.
1f414.png

Ill be picking mine up from Meyer. Im hoping I have the strength to just bring home what I ordered. Ive heard they have hatch deals in store with leftovers...

@Bloveschickens Thanks maybe I will give them a call later! Can't wait!!!
1f604.png
1f604.png
Good luck with yours
1f340.png
And happy St.Patricks Day!

Last edited:

A good friend of ours just sent us this cartoon.

Ironic as she didn't know that we are picking up our chicks in a few hours.

Last edited:
We'll be picking the chicks up in about 2 hours! The sort facility north of us called and they have our chicks. One of the workers kindly offered to bring them down with her when she gets off work today and we'll be meeting her at a post office halfway between us and the sort facility.

Back
Top Bottom