Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

We'll be picking the chicks up in about 2 hours! The sort facility north of us called and they have our chicks. One of the workers kindly offered to bring them down with her when she gets off work today and we'll be meeting her at a post office halfway between us and the sort facility.
Wow, that never happens. How nice of her.

@Bloveschickens Thanks and everyone else who helped! I just contacted them and that is the date that they should be arriving!!! I can't wait
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
Now only 5 days and 8 hours!!!!
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png

I'm hatching some babies! I have 10 lemon cuckoo orpingtons and 2 lavender orpingtons on day 18 :) I have some wiggly little eggs, I can't wait!!!!!!

I ordered in Nov too and have been wishing for weeks that I had gone local. I did not see any local ads when I was building the coop in the fall.

We have to part with more than we keep due to county restrictions, but wanted to make sure we got what the kids wanted. We have like 5 Marans pullets of each color coming.

I have all the supplies, just need plop the brooder down and check the temps this weekend before they show up.

My Meyers Hatchery order will be shipped April 21st - 23st

My first herd from Meyer were 9 BO (one rooster). They went to freezer camp last fall at 31 months old.

This years order I'm trying a mixture, I going for more egg production. 3 of each and no roosters:

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Columbian Wyandotte
Golden Buff
Rhode Island Red

3 more days until we get our baby chicks!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif

We are looking at getting 6, total, as egg layers.
- 2 Americaunas
- 2 Buff Orpingtons
- 2 Black Australorps

Same here. They had all the ones I wanted back then in stock. I thought I was crazy for ordering so early...then saw in Jan/ Feb they were out of a ton of breeds. Guess we werent so crazy!

Ive got the brooder almost ready, so Ive been working on their coop. Ive read a ton since Nov. too. I feel very ready.
Are these your first chickens?

Back
Top Bottom