Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I'm waiting for three golden comets and I am very excited.
celebrate.gif
It seems the rest of my family are just in it for the eggs but I am excited for the cute chicken personalty
yippiechickie.gif

WHAT PHOTOGRAPHY SCHOOL DID YOU GRADUATE FROM.????    MITY FINE PIX.
:thumbsup

Thanks but I didn't. I cheated and used auto setting in my Canon because the buggers wouldn't sit still long enough for me to mess with the manual settings. Lots and lots of bad shots for the one or two good shots.

Portland feels like it's in another state sometimes, lol!

Oh yeah it does!! It's an 8 he round trip for me
1f629.png

Got chicks!
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f424.png

We brought our babies home tonight. We wound up with 8 Buff Orp girls 2 boys and 4 Welsummer girls.

I'll post a pic later.

Thanks to Lisa at LandM Game Birds in Brashear MO for the great communication, conversation and most of all, selling me these adorable chicks!

Can't wait to see your pics. I really wanted some buff OP but couldn't find them on my ship dates without having to order a million chicks at once.

Here are the chicks from Meyer:

Buff Laced Polish, which are for my daughter. She's named them Chocolate and Sugar Cookie.

Buckeyes, they are Ginger and Nutmeg.

Sumatras, they are Pepper and Anise.

Olive Eggers and an extra chick (I'm betting Australorp). One of the OE has sparse leg feathers and ear tufts. They are Rosemary, Saffron, and Caraway.

Dark Cornish, they are Cinnamon and Spice.

Cornish X, the Snickerdoodle Gang.

Now I just have to wait for my order from Ideal that should be here Thursday.

Oh my!!!! Seeing all your pics and knowing mine are on there way is almost too much to handle!!! My FIRST ever chicks will be here Thursday at 6:30am...... Eeeeeee!!!! Tomorrow is gonna be tough to focus on work, and then tomorrow night trying to sleep?! Ha!!

Oh my!!!! Seeing all your pics and knowing mine are on there way is almost too much to handle!!! My FIRST ever chicks will be here Thursday at 6:30am...... Eeeeeee!!!! Tomorrow is gonna be tough to focus on work, and then tomorrow night trying to sleep?! Ha!!
I'm excited for you too! We'll have twin deliveries!

Ooooh, those chick pics are making me so anxious for mine! We're going on vacation and will pick up 6 Russian Orloffs and 4 Black Copper Marans from a breeder in Arizona on the way home. I'd rather drive the 7 hours with them than have them beat up in the mail.

Can't wait!!

Thanks pretty awesome of them, I have seen were many have tried to pick up their packages early or contact other facilities with no luck. I get my first live chicks in May, kinda of nervous of how it will go with the post office. The people up there are very nice, just not sure what they think of live chicks.
I get my first chicks at the end of April and I am in the same boat as to hoping the post office will get them here alive. Have read too many horror stories of them getting lost or held up, I don't want to open a box of dead chicks.

Here are the chicks from Meyer:

Buff Laced Polish, which are for my daughter. She's named them Chocolate and Sugar Cookie.

Buckeyes, they are Ginger and Nutmeg.

Sumatras, they are Pepper and Anise.

Olive Eggers and an extra chick (I'm betting Australorp). One of the OE has sparse leg feathers and ear tufts. They are Rosemary, Saffron, and Caraway.

Dark Cornish, they are Cinnamon and Spice.

Cornish X, the Snickerdoodle Gang.

Now I just have to wait for my order from Ideal that should be here Thursday.
Those are some beautiful chicks, I am jealous, I have 35 more days to go.

We finally got the first pic of our little chick family processed. Their first night was uneventful. I was up once and swung by the brooder to find them happily being chicks. This morning they were up with the chickens (pun intended). You might be able to make out the little marking pen marks on their little heads Red for girls and Blue for boys. I've only pinned names on the boys at the moment. I think if the others get named it will be as they mature and their personalities begin to emerge. So far I'm calling the roos Bo (he's the largest of the two) and Foo. Not your average names. Bo is short for the military acronym BOHICA and Foo is short for FUBAR, which he isn't I just think the names are unique and miltary/marine/hooyah! in a masculine sort of way.

So here is their first portrait. I was unloading them from their box. They were tired, and scared after their half hour trip home.

The four dark little girls are the Welsummers and the others are Buff Orps, 8 girls, 2 boys. I'll get better picks in a few days. They are 4 days old at this point, 5 days old today and I don't like to do much handling at this point in time until they are at least a week old and a bit less fragile. You can see one of the little boys in the box with his blue spot on his head and a red spotted female in the corner. No doubting who is who, at least until they feather out.

To all of you out there still waiting for your chicks to arrive, I can well sympathize with you. I must have walked by my empty brooder a hundred times during the day and told myself.....soon.....

Back
Top Bottom