Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

15 Chicks shipped from Meyer Hatchery yesterday morning. No information updated on the USPS tracking app. I assumed if I didn't get the call this morning, then it would probably be tomorrow. Unexpected call at 4pm to come and get my package......of fifteen dead little biddies.
1f494.png
Now I don't know what to do. First batch there was a problem, so I had to rescheduled for a month out. This batch arrived dead, stiff and cold. I don't think i can wait another month all the while worrying if I will ever get my chicks.
1f622.png
I feel so bad for these tiny little babies that didn't make it.

15 Chicks shipped from Meyer Hatchery yesterday morning. No information updated on the USPS tracking app. I assumed if I didn't get the call this morning, then it would probably be tomorrow. Unexpected call at 4pm to come and get my package......of fifteen dead little biddies.
1f494.png
Now I don't know what to do. First batch there was a problem, so I had to rescheduled for a month out. This batch arrived dead, stiff and cold. I don't think i can wait another month all the while worrying if I will ever get my chicks.
1f622.png
I am so sorry! I would be absolutely crushed if that happened to me.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I hope your next batch goes better. Have you considered getting chicks from a feed store, they do not have as many breed options but at least you don't have to worry about your chicks being shipped.

I just called the local feed store. They have a very limited selection and their next batch wont arrive for two weeks. So, its 2 weeks for onlyvtwo breeds i wanted, or 4 weeks for all 6. But you are right. I dont know if i want to gamble on msil order again.

I just called the local feed store. They have a very limited selection and their next batch wont arrive for two weeks. So, its 2 weeks for onlyvtwo breeds i wanted, or 4 weeks for all 6. But you are right. I dont know if i want to gamble on msil order again.

Look into Townline Poultry Farm, Inc, in Michigan, looks like 2.5 hours to Chicago. I had 15 (ended up with 17) shipped from there to Idaho. I got 6 layers, BOs, SLW, Ameraucanas, and a Jersey Giant, and I ordered 9 cornish X and they shipped 11. All were alive and well... and all are still kickin a week later. They shipped super fast (I think it was a month from order to shipping). You may even be able to go pick them up, then they are never "shipped"!! They have a pretty good selection, not the largest, but like I said, all 17 chicks arrived super healthy after 24 hours of shipping.

I'm so terribly sad for you, by the way... I had nightmares that was how I would find my package of chicks. It was 50*F or less for the entire time they were en route. The USPS must have kept them warm enough!! Good luck!! Let me know if you go with Townline!

Good luck! Keep me posted if you end up going with Townline!!

I agree with trying to find a closer hatchery. How sad. :( I was afraid of that happening if I mail ordered. I live 2 hrs away from Meyers so chose to pick up. Long drive but figured it would be worth it.

We ordered 25 and got 12 alive. Then we were down to 9 due to stress and the fact that they were in a box for 3 days! Now we are at 6. Hoping we stay there!!
1f62c.png
1f62c.png

First timer, here, too. But my chicks aren't coming until May 14. (Engagement party in Miami on 9th, and NO ONE will take better care of my chicks than me!). Meanwhile we are building coop and run and brooder and playpen. Every day I get a little more excited. I ordered these chicks in January, and it has been an eternity... Five Ameraucana hens and one roo to keep the line going, but they aren't broody, so six speckled Sussex will brood eggs for me. Planning on having chicken dinners, too, as SSs are dual purpose. Don't know if I can bring myself to do that, though...

1f494.png
1f622.png

I am so sorry that happened to you :(. That has happened to me also. They will give you a refund. You can try again or try another place that's closer or similar in weather.

Back
Top Bottom