Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Chicks are here! They arrived a day early! I have nothing ready for them, lol. I threw them in a plastic tote with food & water & paper towels. She sent 2 packing peanuts so I have 12 chicks: 7 blue, 3 black & 2 splash bantam orps. They are supposed to be 2 weeks old although a few look younger. 2 of the black ones look like cockerels sad to say. :-( They are all active although some seem to have bloody poop so I will have to treat for cocci.

I'll post pics later, right now I am taking a lunch break & then I will be frantically getting stuff ready for them!

they are so cute!!!!
roll.png
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

15 Chicks shipped from Meyer Hatchery yesterday morning. No information updated on the USPS tracking app. I assumed if I didn't get the call this morning, then it would probably be tomorrow. Unexpected call at 4pm to come and get my package......of fifteen dead little biddies.
1f494.png
Now I don't know what to do. First batch there was a problem, so I had to rescheduled for a month out. This batch arrived dead, stiff and cold. I don't think i can wait another month all the while worrying if I will ever get my chicks.
1f622.png
I feel so bad for these tiny little babies that didn't make it.
We are in the same general area. Just thought I would pass this along. In Kankakee April 12 , there is going to be chicken and pigeon swap meet. There is a lot of things for sale there. It is structured like a flea market. There are lot of peeps selling baby chicks. Adult chicks for sale also. Here is the link for more info. http://www.kankakeefair.org/bareventschedule.pdf . Not sure which feed store is close to you, but Blain's Farm and fleet are located in Crystal Lake , De Kalb, and Montgomery, do carry a good assortment of chicks this time of year. Genuinely feel soo sorry for your loss.
sad.png
hugs.gif

It's so strange you guys' chicks end up coming late or the chicks are dead. I live literally in the middle of nowhere, hours from any airport or anything, but my chicks show up next morning, all alive.

I just find it odd...

My chicks weren't in at the feed store, because apparently the hatchery only just shipped them this morning, so have to pick them up tomorrow. Then the chicks on the 1st.

It's so strange you guys' chicks end up coming late or the chicks are dead. I live literally in the middle of nowhere, hours from any airport or anything, but my chicks show up next morning, all alive.

I just find it odd...

My chicks weren't in at the feed store, because apparently the hatchery only just shipped them this morning, so have to pick them up tomorrow. Then the chicks on the 1st.
What hatchery do you order from? I ordered from chickensforbackyards.com and I got 100% alive, healthy chicks.

I still have to wait till April 22nd for my shipment of 125 chicks and 6 turkey chicks. We are planning on calling to see if we can go pick up since we are only a few hours from the hatchery here in Texas. With so many chicks I don't want to risk any dying from stress of shipping, and also we are getting 80 degree days here in Texas already. I hate waiting LOL I'm so jealous seeing everyone posting pics of new babies.

barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom