Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

That construction in Polk threw me off a bit. I called Meyers though and they gave me good directions to get around it. Had a good 2 hr drive home. Babies are doing great! Ive been staring at them all night and noticed they love their chests rubbed. Awwwwww so happy.

Do aspen shavings work? I noticed that they have them at petsmart and they are a lot bigger of chips. A book I read says that pine shavings could be mistaken for food.

You could use shelf liner over newspaper like I did. I read from others it helps keep them from slipping. I've also seen people put paper towels over their shavings so they don't eat them.

I honestly have never covered my shavings and haven't had a problem with it. If they do eat the little pieces, no one has gotten impacted yet.

Probably jinxed myself.

I only cover the shavings with paper towels for the first few days only to give them better traction when walking not because they eat the shavings.

There are some threads on here about shavings vs pellets. I was going to use shavings, even got some from TSC. But then I went with pellets.

Do aspen shavings work? I noticed that they have them at petsmart and they are a lot bigger of chips. A book I read says that pine shavings could be mistaken for food.
I would think aspen shavings would be okay - or anyways that was what I was always told for my guinea pigs
smile.png
The thing you want to avoid is cedar chips.

So you guys only cover the chips for a couple days? Would puppy pads work as cover?

Back
Top Bottom