Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Got mine today!

I was shocked when I got a call from the postal distribution center asking me if I wanted to pick my chicks up today. I had no idea they were working on easter.

I am surprised they called you on Easter Sunday, I guess somebody did not want to take a chance on them not making it another day. Congrats on the new arrivals.
clap.gif

16 days and counting. I picked up a big round bin from WalMart that they were throwing out that will make a perfect brooder. Now I am just waiting on my heating pad to be delivered to make their heat cave and I will be all set. Now just have to resist the urge to call the hatchery and add to my order.

I got my email this afternoon that my chicks have been shipped! So I called my post office and I asked when they think they will come in and they said probably Wednesday or thursday. Ughhh I really thought they would get here tomorrow as we are only 3 1/2 hours away. I'LL still be up early and waiting by the phone in case they do come in tomorrow.

I got my email this afternoon that my chicks have been shipped! So I called my post office and I asked when they think they will come in and they said probably Wednesday or thursday. Ughhh I really thought they would get here tomorrow as we are only 3 1/2 hours away. I'LL still be up early and waiting by the phone in case they do come in tomorrow.
I'm curious how far away they will ship them that they wont show up tomorrow?
hmm.png

I'm not sure. We live in Northeast indiana and the hatchery myer is in Polk ohio. Must be a lot of stops along the way. ? Or the post office lady doesn't know what she's talking about.I'm just glad the weather is decent and not freezing so I don't have that worry.

I'm not sure. We live in Northeast indiana and the hatchery myer is in Polk ohio. Must be a lot of stops along the way. ? Or the post office lady doesn't know what she's talking about.I'm just glad the weather is decent and not freezing so I don't have that worry.

My delivery from Meyer Hatchery to Chicago suburbs only took a day. They shipped Monday and I got the call Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunately, the temperature dropped overnight and my biddies froze
1f622.png
new batch is in the incubator now.... 3 weeks left to wait....

For most it is only 2 days for priority delivery, I would keep an eye on the tracking if you have one and call back tomorrow.
th.gif

I'm glad mine are eggs, but I just got a notice that my eggs coming from Arkansas, I'm in Louisiana, that were shipped today are going to be delayed a day for arrival? What is that about, maybe your mail lady knows something we dont! Grrrrrr

Last edited:
If you can get the USPS tracking number you can request the Postal Service send you texts every time the chicks are transferred along the way. It was great to see them get closer and closer, though it was frustrating when they arrived at the airport a half an hour away and I had to wait until morning for them to arrive at my local post office. The good part was I knew I'd be getting a call in the morning and I was ready for it.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom