Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Update, just got a text that chicks are in Indianapolis, so they should be here in morning. Thankfully, now hope all is well with them. If I get sleep tonight it will be a miracle.

Update, just got a text that chicks are in Indianapolis, so they should be here in morning. Thankfully, now hope all is well with them. If I get sleep tonight it will be a miracle.

We just got ours yesterday. Everyone arrived alive but we did need to nurse a bantam mottled cochin back to health. Anxiety provoking for this first time chicken keeper. I hope all goes well for you. Enjoy!

They are here all alive and healthy acting.they arrived at our post office a 6 am ,they called me at 7. I'm just happy the wait game is over.5 RIR and 5 BR. Most of them took to drinking and eating right away, about three I've had to show a couple more times. I have one that is still kinda not as spunky as everyone else, I'll keep an eye on her.and we have one that is a screamer.
here is their first picture,our Boston terrier checking them out.

All settled into their new home.

Ideal Poultry is shipping 1 male and 4 female black east india ducklings out to me today so if things go like they normally do when i order from them my ducklings should be here thursday morning....i'm so excited for them to be here

They are here all alive and healthy acting.they arrived at our post office a 6 am ,they called me at 7. I'm just happy the wait game is over.5 RIR and 5 BR. Most of them took to drinking and eating right away, about three I've had to show a couple more times. I have one that is still kinda not as spunky as everyone else, I'll keep an eye on her.and we have one that is a screamer.
here is their first picture,our Boston terrier checking them out.

All settled into their new home.

Fun!:yiipchick

Hi MrsHatz: Our feed store called and I picked up my chicks Monday. I'm new to chickens so didn't want to get a LOT of them. But our henhouse (almost done!!!) will have enough room for at least 16 nesting hens so ....

I'm attaching pics - which are uniformly awful under the red bulb light of the heat lamp. But, who cares? They're snuggy warm and I am happy watching them!
wee.gif
Watching them skitter around like this emoticon is a blast. Been able to pick up one of the Golden Comets - got her when she was sitting around looking like she might nod off. I'm trying to lure them to my hand to at least take chick feed out of it. Working so so. I think what attracts them at least as much is the gold band I wear on my thumb. "Shiny, bright. Let's peck on it some." They are a ton of fun and enjoyment. The brooding box is in the front entryway, so it's easy to pass by (esp. since the bathroom is just beyond it!). My husband likes to pretend he doesn't like them, by telling them things like how he's going to put them in the pot for supper soon. That's his way of saying, "I really like you."

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one very impatient for my chicks to arrive. I have two batches coming in the first week of May (6th & 8th). I wanted mostly duel purpose birds. I've ordered 4 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Barred Rocks, 5 Speckled Sussex, 3 Black Australorps, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Sex Link, 3 Golden Comet, 3 Red Sex Link - all pullets. I've also ordered 3 Roos. (Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, & Speckled Sussex). I couldn't make up my mind which breeds I wanted the most, so I kinda got carried away, and ordered a little of all. I've been working on my brooder, but it isn't complete. I have some medicated crumbles, but looks like I might want to get some that isn't medicated also. I have my waters & feeders. I've learned a lot from everyone's comments. I think I want to have some ACV and probiotics on hand. I can't wait!!!

. My husband likes to pretend he doesn't like them, by telling them things like how he's going to put them in the pot for supper soon. That's his way of saying, "I really like you." 

My husband also likes to complain about the chickens, he talks about leaving the fence open or the coop door open so they escape, but he will patiently dig up worms to hand feed them....I think he secretly likes the chickens, but doesn't want to get roped into the cleanup! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom