Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Guess I will just wait and see as thay are probably mostly male if not all as they were packing peanuts. Seeing they sent 12 I will have a freezer load of chicken in a couple months.

I got 12 packing peanuts in my order this week, they appear to be black sexlinks, which makes it easy to see they are all boys. They will be good eating.
big_smile.png

Yeah I know in my shipment leaving on Monday, will be here Tues, they told me the packing peanuts will be males. I said thats fine so long as they aren't Leghorns LOL

Got my chicks!! Eating and drinking well. Had some pecking issues already, but covered brooder to make it dark and quiet, and they seem much more relaxed now. They're so cute!!

I got 75 Cubalayas and 25 Dark Cornish delivered fro Strombergs today. After a 2 day trip they arrived 100% alive and lively. The DC's are larger than the Cubas but they are very uniform size within the breeds. No bad legs, no weaklings and exactly 100 chicks. Great customer service. So, I am very satisfied with the experience. Just have to wait for them to grow to see what quality the birds are.

All your newly delivered chicks are so adorable! My 2 week olds aren't so cute anymore. Getting tempted to order a batch of meat birds just so I can have cute puffballs again...
With pigeons it is just the opposite. Ugly ( hate to use that term ) when small and they start to get pretty at 2 weeks old.

My anxiety is running on high, the weather forecast has the overnight temperatures falling and that is how I lost the last batch of chicks in the mail!! Come on Mother Nature, I can't lose another batch!! I'm so worried. Please prove the forecasters wrong and make it warmer then expected!! I'm already dreading Tuesdays phone call, from the post office.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom