Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Got my chicks!! Eating and drinking well. Had some pecking issues already, but covered brooder to make it dark and quiet, and they seem much more relaxed now. They're so cute!!
AAWWWW.....itty bittys....what kind of bedding do you have in the box? I'm going to try Koop Clean. Anyone have experience with that product?

AAWWWW.....itty bittys....what kind of bedding do you have in the box? I'm going to try Koop Clean. Anyone have experience with that product?

Thanks!! I can't believe how cute they are right now! I'm using flax bedding. It came in a big bag from a local guy here. He said it's less dusty than pine, lasts longer (stays drier), and was cheaper. I'm a newbie, but it's been working out great. I'm thinking to do sand in the big coop, but still debating.

My anxiety is running on high, the weather forecast has the overnight temperatures falling and that is how I lost the last batch of chicks in the mail!! Come on Mother Nature, I can't lose another batch!! I'm so worried. Please prove the forecasters wrong and make it warmer then expected!! I'm already dreading Tuesdays phone call, from the post office.
barnie.gif
Hope your fuzzies make it safely this time!!! Maybe more packing peanuts will be in the box to help keep them warm?

So we lost one of the EE chicks that was doing poorly since we got her. She just kept getting weaker and weaker. Tried vitamins and even a bit of gatorade. The other EE chick that was not doing well, is much much improved and may make it just fine. My shipment of replacement chicks with a lot of packing peanuts ships tomorrow and will be here on Tues. Hope they all make it fine.

I recently took 2 from the order of my friends and there names are Pip and Mo
Then yesterday we went to a local nursery and got these five chicks
I am in love with them!

Last edited:
Meeee!! Ordered the cackle hatchery surprise won't be here for another 4 wks,!! Had to go buy some Atwoods chicks to keep me sane while I wait!
big_smile.png
Atwoods?????? Are you in Texas???? We have one about an hour away. It's my "Squirrel" store, everywhere I look, SHINY, SQUIRREL!!!!! Want!! They have the chainsaw I asked my husband for for Mothers Day (yeah I'm weird). Do you have a link to the Cackle Hatchery? I always use Ideal, but there are a few breeds they don't carry I want.

I want to get some Blue Laced and Golden Laced Wyandottes, Welsummers, and a few more Buff Brahmas. Ideal is sold out of all they carry of those (they don't carry the Blue Laced) until next spring. I'm also thinking of more ducks........ cayuga and more Pekin. I wouldn't get the cayuga until next Jan/Feb because we are building a small pond and pen for the ducks. Depending on how the meat Pekins turn out taste and meat wise, I may wait till then for those too. But I will be ordering more Broilers or maybe a heritage meat bird this fall for our second batch of meaties.

Last edited:
Atwoods?????? Are you in Texas???? We have one about an hour away. It's my "Squirrel" store, everywhere I look, SHINY, SQUIRREL!!!!! Want!! They have the chainsaw I asked my husband for for Mothers Day (yeah I'm weird). Do you have a link to the Cackle Hatchery? I always use Ideal, but there are a few breeds they don't carry I want.

Yep! East Texas! Love that store its my mall! We have one about 30 minutes away in Tyler. .its cacklehatchery.com
I was ordering from meyer but last year heard about the cackle surprise box and have been dying to get one. I ordered cackle chicks last year wi great success. I got them one day earlier shipping time through then as they r closer to me than Meyer. Didn't lose any chicks either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom