Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

My babies left Cleveland last night, en route to Chicago burbs. I should get them today!!!! So excited and a little nervous. My 9 year old daughter told me if this box has dead chicks in it, then I can hug her all I need. She said when she is hurt or sad that my hugs make her feel better, so it should work the other way around. Best daughter ever!!

I'm not sure. We may move some into other brooders for more space. My hubby wants to divide by breed. He's a bit OCD. Picking up my new chicks now, it's so cold here I hope they made it ok

My other males are marked with a sharpie by the guy who packed my order, that was awesome, they normally don't mark males.
Just curious if the EE males are marked and if so what they look like (color wise) compared to the ones that should be pullets. You posted this last week so I don't know if can even see markings anymore. Post a pic of a marked EE boy?

Just lost another Easter Egger chick. Not sure what happened, no pasty butt, no signs of illness. Was fine just a few hours ago. They are a week old and I have the brooding room set at 88 degrees. I has sads now. I've lost 2 EE chicks and an Australorpe, I have replacements coming tomorrow, but still.
I'm so sorry you've lost some chicks :( I hope all the others continue to do well.

My babies left Cleveland last night, en route to Chicago burbs. I should get them today!!!! So excited and a little nervous. My 9 year old daughter told me if this box has dead chicks in it, then I can hug her all I need. She said when she is hurt or sad that my hugs make her feel better, so it should work the other way around. Best daughter ever!!
Fingers crossed they all get there happy and healthy :)

yeah i know. Is that all right?

I have had some pip that way and hatch just fine. You have to watch and they say not to assist until after 24 hours, If you choose to. I did lose one last time because there were many pipping and zipping at the same time and I chose not to open the incubator and put the others at risk. by the time it was safe it was to late.

Some people have had luck with keeping real high humidity so they can open their bator, but I had high humidity once and opened to take out chicks. One egg had pipped and started zipping under the eggs and I could not see it until I was in there. I ended up helping that one due to the membrane drying to the chick. So, I am glad I did not chance it with the others. With that said, some have good luck with that method. The only time I (unknowingly ) did that , I ended up putting a chick at risk.
hmm.png
And my humidity was just a little over 70%.

There is a thread on here about assisting a hatch you should read before you try it, that way you can decide if its for you.

My cockerel Easter Egger, top view (1wk old)

front view, the purple and pink you see is the marker from Ideal, and a hot pink livestock marker I use.

Tops of 3 different colored pullets, left to right, Dark dark brown, light tan/cream, and red/tan.

the faces of the girls. I haven't noticed any difference thus far, not even in size. The male did bite the living crap out of me the 2nd day I handled him LOL Fiesty lil bugger.

This is the newest Easter Egger male Ideal sent today. We thought originally they had forgotten my male, but we found him after we had called about our dead, missing and crippled chicks. Much smaller and a different color than my other. Interested to see how they grow and develop or if I find a difference between male and female.

My 11 mystery males. I have nooooo clue, they look a bit lighter than my Buff Orphingtons, and too yellow to be white rock. Too small of legs to be broilers. Any ideas???

I have 12 White Rock pullets, if these are Buff Rock males I may keep one to get chicks for meat. Heard White Rock chickens are pretty tasty

Back
Top Bottom