Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Red sex link males?
Soo many choices on what they could be LOL Thanks for the info everyone. As they grow I'll keep you all informed. So far the new babies are all doing well. Have a heat lamp on them, plenty of food and water. Should be happy lil rug rats.

We ordered five BB Turkey Poults from Meyer and they are due to be delivered between Thursday and Saturday. AI has hit the commercial turkey farms pretty hard in MN and we want to grow our own this year :)

My cockerel Easter Egger, top view (1wk old)

front view, the purple and pink you see is the marker from Ideal, and a hot pink livestock marker I use.

Tops of 3 different colored pullets, left to right, Dark dark brown, light tan/cream, and red/tan.

the faces of the girls. I haven't noticed any difference thus far, not even in size. The male did bite the living crap out of me the 2nd day I handled him LOL Fiesty lil bugger.

This is the newest Easter Egger male Ideal sent today. We thought originally they had forgotten my male, but we found him after we had called about our dead, missing and crippled chicks. Much smaller and a different color than my other. Interested to see how they grow and develop or if I find a difference between male and female.

Thanks for posting the pics. I see that the males are lighter. That's what I was wondering. On some thread here on BYC about EE's the general consensus is that the lighter ones "usually" are the males.
I'll be picking out 2 EE's in May and was just curious of the colors of your boys.

They came!!! They came!!!! I got a text alert that they made it to my post office around 3am. I got older boys on the bus andmy daughter and i arrived at the p.o. just as they opened. I got the call to come pick up my chicks while i was walking up to the counter. Lol. 7 out of 8are

I'm in love with Itty Bitties!!!
Buff Orpington

Colombian Wyandotte

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Buff Orpington

Black Copper Marans

Colombian Wyandotte

Blue Ameraucana

Blue Ameraucana and Daisy <3

Which ones are you keeping for sure ??? Are you planning to replace some of your existing flock?

A friend gave us our existing flock on a trial to permanent basis. Keep them as long, or as little as we want....while I love having chickens, 2 of the 4 are older and not laying. I really wanted to raise a flock from the start with the breeds that I chose. So the 4 older hens go back to their original home when these bitties get big enough for the coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom