Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I ordered from MyPetChicken.com and they are great! They answer emails, send notices and seem very concerned that my chicks arrive on time. They should be here today or tomorrow and I'm so excited!

I ordered from MyPetChicken.com and they are great! They answer emails, send notices and seem very concerned that my chicks arrive on time. They should be here today or tomorrow and I'm so excited!
AS YOU WELCOME YOUR LIL CHICKS..... WE ALL WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME YOU HERE......
welcome-byc.gif

I ordered 9 new chickie-babies from mypetchicken.com. They are due to hatch on Monday and hopefully will arrive at my home by Tuesday or Wednesday! I have 2 black australorps, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 pymouth barred rocks, 2 buff brahmas and 1 copper maran roo coming.

I joined the forum 2 months ago, having bought 7 chicks from Tractor Supply Co. and have been reading reading reading since this was my first time raising chickens. My 7 chicks were pets and I tended to them like babies. I was away one night and they were outside the coop in the yard and hubby stepped in for 20 minutes to grab a bite to eat and when he came back out, he saw a fox carrying off a second chick. 3 others were found dead in the yard and 1 survived the night but died in the morning. Our roo came out of the woods unscathed and laid on the coop floor with the dying chick. After she died, I rehomed my roo so he wouldnt be so lonely. They were 11 weeks old. I was devastated.

I was not going to get any more chicks because losing them hurt so much but my family and friends campaigned for me to get more because of how much joy they brought me. At first, I was kind of blase about ordering them but now that the day or arrival has gotten close, i'm so beyond excited and cannot wait and am already worrying about their trip!

I absolutely adore chickens! They are so sweet! :)

I ordered 9 new chickie-babies from mypetchicken.com. They are due to hatch on Monday and hopefully will arrive at my home by Tuesday or Wednesday! I have 2 black australorps, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 pymouth barred rocks, 2 buff brahmas and 1 copper maran roo coming. 

I joined the forum 2 months ago, having bought 7 chicks from Tractor Supply Co. and have been reading reading reading since this was my first time raising chickens. My 7 chicks were pets and I tended to them like babies. I was away one night and they were outside the coop in the yard and hubby stepped in for 20 minutes to grab a bite to eat and when he came back out, he saw a fox carrying off a second chick. 3 others were found dead in the yard and 1 survived the night but died in the morning. Our roo came out of the woods unscathed and laid on the coop floor with the dying chick. After she died, I rehomed my roo so he wouldnt be so lonely. They were 11 weeks old. I was devastated.

I was not going to get any more chicks because losing them hurt so much but my family and friends campaigned for me to get more because of how much joy they brought me. At first, I was kind of blase about ordering them but now that the day or arrival has gotten close, i'm so beyond excited and cannot wait and am already worrying about their trip!

So sorry for your loss. I just started with chickens last year and I love them!! Over the year we lost one to a fox, one to sub zero temps and one to a dog. It's heartbreaking. Hopefully it's the last loss for many years. Hugs to you. And enjoy your new bitties!!:hugs

oh what a sad story!!! same happened to my babies, coyotes got to 27 of them! it was so sad. Only 5 survived, and one started laying just last week. Every time, I mean, every time I see them, it reminds me of my babies the coyotes ate. It was so sad. I know what you feel. <3 Hope the new babies are doing great! :)

Oh Yes! Very impatient! I have 25 chicks coming in 15 days! I am starting over after the last disaster with the coon we waited a year and I miss my chickens so much! Right now we are revamping our coop and adding predator proofing. I've been driving Hubby bonkers!

Back
Top Bottom