Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

My little guys shipped today and are scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I can't wait. I hope they'll do well.
Chickens for Backyards called me today because I ordered a Golden Laced Wyandotte, which haven't been hatching well, to see if I might want a different kind instead. So I went with a Buff Orpington as a replacement to not delay shipment. And they said they'd give me a second EE for my troubles. So now I'm getting 5 instead of 4.

This being my first time to order chicks I was apprehensive about ordering them online so I ordered them from my local feed store who buys them from Boise Idaho. And @Fleetwood77 you are from Boise and ordering your chicks online, oh man I hope I made the right choice.
fl.gif

Haha, well I was going to buy them locally. First time for me as well. I felt bad about the idea of chicks being shipped. But it is so very common. The thing that changed my mind was just that I wanted some breeds the local hatchery doesn't have. Ironically one of them was the Wyandotte I now still won't get. But oh well. As long as you're getting the breeds you want it'll be all good. I can only assume you're going to get chicks through Dunlap hatchery. I heard lots of good things about them.

I can only assume you're going to get chicks through Dunlap hatchery. I heard lots of good things about them.
It sure could be they said they could get all the breeds we wanted minus the black copper marines but that is okay there is always next year. Good luck with your chicks.

Today is our hatch day. I am trying to keep busy by building a homemade incubator and doing my best not to email the farm supplier every five minutes. My daughter is home from school sick; the waiting is taking its toll!

I just got the notification that my chicks have shipped! Completely excited, and also anxious, as I've never had chicks shipped before. Can't wait for them to get here so I can stop worrying!

Just got home with our baker's dozen of lavender cuckoo Orpingtons! I can't get a decent pic under the heat lamp, but they all seem pretty strong and healthy. They are VERY freshly hatched (some as late as this morning, at the oldest yesterday afternoon) so I am trying my best to leave them alone for a couple of hours and let them sleep. I feel like I did the beak dipping all wrong, if that's possible and they may think I was trying to drown them. Hope they forgive me!

I just got the notification that my chicks have shipped! Completely excited, and also anxious, as I've never had chicks shipped before. Can't wait for them to get here so I can stop worrying!

Have they arrived yet? I was very anxious as well. Mine shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. The night before they arrived I had nightmares about it. But they all made it and are doing well. It's definitely something when they hand you that peeping box though.
love.gif
Only sad part is how fast they grow. They seem to grow quite a bit overnight. Mine are already losing some fluff and growing in wing feathers.

Back
Top Bottom