Anyone in want some FREE hatching eggs? [English Orp x BO [or Cochin]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRVgirl

Songster
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Zone 8a
I have some hens laying right now, and my rooster is getting his job done, the eggs are fertile.

I want to give away some eggs for someone to hatch, all I ask is that you send pictures and let me know what the babies look like [because it's a genetic mystery to me.]

There are two crosses that I would give:

Splash English Orpington x Red Standard Cochin
Splash English Orpington x American Buff Orpington

If anyone is in my area [Jacksonville NC/Newbern NC/ Beaufort NC] let me know.

I don't have room in my incubator so I can't hatch them myself.

Let me know if you're interested in some FREE eggs!

Thanks.

****DISCLAIMER****
I will wrap these eggs as lovingly as possible to ensure the safest possible delivery to you once they leave my hands. I can not be responsible for the post office, but if your box for whatever reason shows up destroyed, please contact me and I will happily send replacements [at the cost of shipment] I know exactly how bad it feels to get a package of crushed eggs delivered to you, so I will take every care in the world to package these eggs as well as possible.

I do not guarantee any hatch rate, as circumstances out of my control will affect your hatch. I have not hatched any of these eggs myself, but have opened eggs to eat for breakfast and have seen the fertile bulls eye on the yolks of these eggs, showing that our rooster is doing his job.

I collect my eggs 2x daily and they will be stored at room temperature in an egg turner until shipment. Once you receive the eggs, please allow 12-24 hours for them to settle, in case the post office was less than polite to your shipping box.

All I ask in return is that you send pictures of your hatch, I am highly curious to see what Splash x red/buff create; I assume some sort of red penciled chicken, but it will definitely be a surprise.

Thank you!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PAYPAL MAILING ADDRESS MATCHES YOUR CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS, SO THAT YOUR EGGS GET DELIVERED TO THE CORRECT LOCATION :)

Last edited:
I've got to work out shipping costs, if anyone is out of the area....and we're looking at 6-7 eggs per batch, I've only got 3 hens laying and I don't want the eggs to get old sitting around waiting to get shipped.

If you're still interested, let me know.

I would LOVE to have some of those babies I am looking for some of the Orps You can make a dream come true for me So PLEEEEASE send me some I am real close to you so this would work real good

When you have some eggs available please let me know. I would love to have some tooooooo.. I will pay postage if you would ship. Thank you for the offer. It looks like you have some byc members that are interested.
Thank you again for offering to others.

Hello, I would love some eggs! We just got my 10 yr old daughter an incubator for Christmas. I will gladly pay the shipping charges, and don't mind waiting a bit- I see you have several other posts.
Thanks,
marnie

Wow.

I'm completely overwhelmed with all of the responses I've gotten for these eggs!

I've done the research, and if I ship flat rate, the cost is $11.35, I'll be asking $13 [to cover some of the cost for bubble wrap and packaging, I CAN'T believe how expensive bubble wrap is!]

I'll be shooting out emails in the next few minutes to everyone interested, I will let you know your shipping date and include my paypal information.

I can do 2 shipments per week. One on Tuesday and One on Saturday, I will try to make my Saturday shipments for people who are closer to me and my Tuesday shipments for people who live further away as this way, packages will arrive in a timely manner and nobody should end up with eggs sitting at the post over the weekend.

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom