Anyone in WV???

hi! I am in Fairmont but lived in the Nitro/Cross Lanes area for several years

I grew up in Fairmont, but live outside of Parkersburg now next to the OH River.

I have a thread in the BREED section asking about chickens that are a good fit for my needs and location if anyone minds popping in over there please.

Last edited:
I live in Columbus GA now,but I'm from Summersville,Nicholas County. Hello Wild and Wonderful folks!
I have been considering the Summerville Area as my next moving Destination, used to drive through it as a kid going from Western NY to NC every summer on the family Vacation. Got sick of NY weather in winter, now I am sick of NC weather in summer, Summerville is a great location on US-19 and the halfway point between to 2 main places I have lived most my life.

You'll like that area with the lake and the new river and the gorge and all the wilderness stuff you can do.
lets just hope I have a good plot of land for sale when I move. The only thing that is certain is that I will end up in Appalachia. Summerville seems to be ideally located. I love that stretch of US 19 from I-79 to I-77 ... the short cut

Good to see there are a few folks around here from WV!

We're near Ripley, north of Charleston, and have a relatively small flock that seems to keep growing. We started with 4 australorps and 4 leghorns, which only got my wife wanting more. So now we're up 22 birds and soon to be 2 coops. We've added 2 golden laced wyandottes, 3 EEs, 1 OE, 3 lavender orpingtons, 1 buff orpington, 1 blue andalusian, 1 cream legbar, etc. I now understand the running joke on "chicken math".

We've gotten our birds from Meyer up in Ohio so far but are interested in finding breeders and other chicken people in WV.

I hope everyone is taking care, given all the current craziness. We've found working with our birds has been one silver lining in all of this.

I am not from WV but my husband was born and raised in a small town called Roderfield. Not much to see, one gas station, one grocery store, one fast food joint, ect. I visited there once. It is a beautiful place to visit but sorry I would not want to live there. (that town anyway, mabey a different town).
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom