Anyone in WV???

I grew up in Fairmont, currently live near Parkersburg. My girls are 10 weeks old today.
awXfOEHi-273576464.jpeg
part0.jpg

Good to see there are a few folks around here from WV!

We're near Ripley, north of Charleston, and have a relatively small flock that seems to keep growing. We started with 4 australorps and 4 leghorns, which only got my wife wanting more. So now we're up 22 birds and soon to be 2 coops. We've added 2 golden laced wyandottes, 3 EEs, 1 OE, 3 lavender orpingtons, 1 buff orpington, 1 blue andalusian, 1 cream legbar, etc. I now understand the running joke on "chicken math".

We've gotten our birds from Meyer up in Ohio so far but are interested in finding breeders and other chicken people in WV.

I hope everyone is taking care, given all the current craziness. We've found working with our birds has been one silver lining in all of this.

Good to see there are a few folks around here from WV!

We're near Ripley, north of Charleston, and have a relatively small flock that seems to keep growing. We started with 4 australorps and 4 leghorns, which only got my wife wanting more. So now we're up 22 birds and soon to be 2 coops. We've added 2 golden laced wyandottes, 3 EEs, 1 OE, 3 lavender orpingtons, 1 buff orpington, 1 blue andalusian, 1 cream legbar, etc. I now understand the running joke on "chicken math".

We've gotten our birds from Meyer up in Ohio so far but are interested in finding breeders and other chicken people in WV.

I hope everyone is taking care, given all the current craziness. We've found working with our birds has been one silver lining in all of this.

Welcome! :frow
I’m about an hour north of you, in Parkersburg, but I travel to Ripley quite often. We have property there, with a “camp” (our eventual retirement home). At one point, I had two flocks of chickens and a bunch of ducks on my pond, but have since gotten rid of them all. Only keeping birds at home now, but I’ll eventually have more there. I also have several chicken keeping friends in your area! Lots of chickens around there. You shouldn’t have trouble graduating from Math to Algebra to Calculus. :lau

Welcome! :frow
I’m about an hour north of you, in Parkersburg, but I travel to Ripley quite often. We have property there, with a “camp” (our eventual retirement home). At one point, I had two flocks of chickens and a bunch of ducks on my pond, but have since gotten rid of them all. Only keeping birds at home now, but I’ll eventually have more there. I also have several chicken keeping friends in your area! Lots of chickens around there. You shouldn’t have trouble graduating from Math to Algebra to Calculus. :lau

Appreciate the welcome! Very cool to know there are other chicken people nearby. We used to live in Williamstown years ago and still spend a lot of time in Parkersburg. Nearly moved back that way before finding this piece of property in the Fairplain area.

We only have a couple acres but I'm sure the algebra and calculus are coming. Whatever arithmetic keeps my wife happy. I'm just trying to keep her focused on chicken math at this point. Because goat math, duck math, etc just adds extra variables to the equation.:lau

So glad to know we're not alone, though. I can imagine managing multiple flocks on different properties was a challenge. One day chicken algebra will get you again! God bless!

Appreciate the welcome! Very cool to know there are other chicken people nearby. We used to live in Williamstown years ago and still spend a lot of time in Parkersburg. Nearly moved back that way before finding this piece of property in the Fairplain area.

We only have a couple acres but I'm sure the algebra and calculus are coming. Whatever arithmetic keeps my wife happy. I'm just trying to keep her focused on chicken math at this point. Because goat math, duck math, etc just adds extra variables to the equation.:lau

So glad to know we're not alone, though. I can imagine managing multiple flocks on different properties was a challenge. One day chicken algebra will get you again! God bless!
When we started we only had two ducks now we’re up to three gamefowl witch has become a crazy addiction and my wife enjoys the roosters witch helps me out lol and 11 layer stock chickens it doesn’t take long to get hooked lol

Back
Top Bottom