Anyone in WV???

Pics
If only I had an extra bator that wasn't full I would try the dark brahma bantam!
hit.gif

I'm saving one out of three bators for an emergency up rising!! lol

And I just set a Broody!! Fooie girl!!!

I wanted to start a quail raising farm. I ran into several obstacles. #1 was there are no USDA processing facilities near by to be able to process your birds for sale.

You can process yourself and eat yourself... you just cannot sell them to restaurants or the public.

I am not worried about the processing part...my first obstacle is my husband.
wink.png

My first & second questions are: Is it legal to raise them on your property and can they be contained?

Hey everyone, I didn't even know WV's had their own little spot here on the forum. Glad I found it.
big_smile.png

Anyhow, I'm a life-long WV'er and currently live near Clarksburg. Moved up here nearly five years ago from Elkview. I've also lived in Beckley, Elkins, Oak Hill, and Valley Bend.

Quote:
Honestly, I really can't tell you much about Sebbies, this is my very first hatch. I've raised ducks for years but I just fell totally in love with these geese when I saw them and had to get some. The one thing I can tell you for sure is they lay some super size eggs. From the size of these suckers you'd think I was trying to hatch an ostrich.

Back
Top Bottom