Anyone in WV???

I live in Columbus GA now,but I'm from Summersville,Nicholas County. Hello Wild and Wonderful folks!
I have been considering the Summerville Area as my next moving Destination, used to drive through it as a kid going from Western NY to NC every summer on the family Vacation. Got sick of NY weather in winter, now I am sick of NC weather in summer, Summerville is a great location on US-19 and the halfway point between to 2 main places I have lived most my life.

You'll like that area with the lake and the new river and the gorge and all the wilderness stuff you can do.
lets just hope I have a good plot of land for sale when I move. The only thing that is certain is that I will end up in Appalachia. Summerville seems to be ideally located. I love that stretch of US 19 from I-79 to I-77 ... the short cut

I grew up in Fairmont, but live outside of Parkersburg now next to the OH River.

I have a thread in the BREED section asking about chickens that are a good fit for my needs and location if anyone minds popping in over there please.
Hi and welcome! I am also a native West Virginian, raised in the Vienna/Parkersburg area but since retirement my husband and I moved to Williamstown, WV so also also good night the Ohio River.

After a busy and rather public life, we bought this place and I finally got my chickens! Just 4, Austrolorpe, red lace Wyandotte, silver lace Wyandotte, and a Buff Orpington. They are now almost 4 months old and I am loving them as much as I have known I would.
Tell us more about your chickens. :)

Attachments

• 8E40D920-64A9-4DE2-8664-74F886943F0C.jpeg
    8E40D920-64A9-4DE2-8664-74F886943F0C.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 6
I grew up in Fairmont, but live outside of Parkersburg now next to the OH River.

I have a thread in the BREED section asking about chickens that are a good fit for my needs and location if anyone minds popping in over there please.
I ordered and drove over to Meyers Hatchery, in Amish country, if/when I ever get more chickens .. that is the only place I would consider. They were SO helpful to this rank newbie and the girls have been very healthy and wonderful.

Attachments

• 83CD32EC-6E2A-4D8B-AC45-D2892E6472D0.jpeg
    83CD32EC-6E2A-4D8B-AC45-D2892E6472D0.jpeg
    800.9 KB · Views: 6
Sorry ... that’s an awful photo ...
you can spend hours trying to get a good picture of chickens... they don't pose very well. Certain chickens I can only get pictures from far away and through a fence, as soon as I enter the pen they run and hide under the coop. Usually my best looking chickens too.

You know I never thought to look for a state specific forum before... LOL. Greetings! I'm currently living in Elkins and have no chickens however I managed to convert my Mother and now am getting my chicken fix through her.

While I'm here does anyone know of any local suppliers of SLW hatching eggs? Sadly the chicks she ordered did not survive and she really wanted that breed.
Maybe order them from Meyers? I’ve had great success with them. They do ship if you don’t fancy a trip to Amish country. I picked mine up because I wanted to check them out. LOL

Back
Top Bottom