Anyone in WV???

Pics
I'm just outside of Bridgeport & new to the whole chicken farmer thing... But Loving it! I have an assorted flock of 3 bantams (silkie, sizzle, Cochin), and 10 hens: 2 red sex links, 2 white sex links, 1 each of araucana, buff orp, SLW, barred Plymouth rock, black star and RIR. Love my variety... Can't wait for eggs! Should be end of June/early July if I counted right :D

For all you WV people!

I'll be hosting a processing workshop on June 2nd in the Parkersburg area. I have 10 spots open, so they will fill pretty quickly when I get the advert out in the locals. It will be 8am to 10am, rain or shine, in a pretty country setting.

Refreshments provided and a sampling of the meat you will be taking home with you~pasture paddock raised, all naturally fed on fermented whole grains to keep the meat sweet and tender, grown slower for good health and development. You will be able to see where and how your bird was raised and I will answer any questions on their care you may have.

If in the area and are interested in attending, PM me for the details.
smile.png
The only thing you need to bring is a cooler with ice, your favorite knife and a keen interest in how to do backyard processing.

Last edited:
hello! i am near charleston wv and i have a little duckling about 2 weeks old that lost her sibling and is in need of a friend of similar age. i have exhausted the phone calling feed stores but of course after easter, everyone is sold out so i thought i would give my friends on byc a try. if anyone has a duckling for sale near me, i will come and get it in a heartbeat. this little gal is breaking my heart looking for her pal. thanks!

Hello just wondering if anyone here in WV has Turkeys? if so what breeds do you have and prefer? I was wanting to raise up some Narragansett turkeys for my husband... I cannot find any anywhere without going to a hatchery, which i really do not want to do...we have a yearling jake of unknown breed my husband rescued so he does need a mate if anyone has a female around 1 year old...please let me know!!! I hope everyone is ready for the nice weather!

I know the NPIP tester for Putnam/cabell/mason county raises that breed of turkey. I have midget whites and I have blue slate turkeys in the incubator now. I'm sorry, I don't know where Masontown is?

Hi ,just found this thread---I live in St.Marys on a farm--new wonderful coop. 30 chickens right now. I have BO's-barred rocks and just got some easter eggers hatched out in Feb. I really am looking for some lavender orps-I love my orps the best!!.

Back
Top Bottom