anyone live in Pa

Sure did! When I got them she handed them to me in lunch-sized paperbag! Too funny! Did you get yours at Moyers too? If so, how are yours doing?

Christine

Quote:

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA - an urban chicken keeper! I have 15 Cornish due for freezer camp in three weeks, 5 Golden Penciled Hamburg as future layers, 6 white silkies, 2 Mottled Cochins, and one very silly looking white polish.

Last edited:
Lackawanna County Near Wayne/Lackawanna/Monroe border of the Poconos. 42 eggs in the bator hoping the humidity drops when this front pushes through tonight and tomorrow. Hellow to all my fellow Pennsylvanians. Keystonepaul.

Hi everyone! I am so happy to see so many people from PA. I thought I was the only one...LOL!!! I am new to the idea of raising chix for meat/eggs. I have yet to start with any breed yet, but I am reading and doing my homework on this subject. I still have to get my DH to wrap his head around the idea. LOL! He's not to keen on the idea of cock a doodle doo in the early am...I have told him not from hens, only roosters. I annot have any of those anyway. I live in Pottstown, Montgomery county. Anyone else in the area? My name states that I am from California, but I have lived in PA 19yrs. Was born in the Bay Area. I am looking into raising dual hens. Any suggestions? I have kind of narrowed my search down to the following chix: Red Star, Black Australorp, RI Reds, Barred Plymouth Rock, Lt Brahmas....any other breeds I should be looking at? Does anyone know someone who knows about earth bermed greenhouses/chix coops? look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Lori
love.gif

Hey, keystonepaul ... I'm just a 'stone's throw' from you over here in Wyoming County. Just hatched out 6 chicks under a broody hen and, so far, 11 out of incubator from some eggs from 'bugladyleah' (as a PA resident).

I can recommend blk stars, barred rock, and cochin bantams as great chickens. Good layers, some lbigger eggs than the others, normally easy going.

Back
Top Bottom