anyone live in Pa

I live in Western, PA, just north of Pittsburgh:) 10 days new into raising chickens. I never thought there'd be so much to learn, let alone so many chicken savy folks out there. I absolutely love this site and have really enjoyed everyones postings. This is a blast! Most of our friends and family think my husband and I are crazy for getting chickens, 11 Barred Rocks. I'm so glad all of you are out there to converse with.

Hi Rattigan Chicks--I am south of you in Sewickley! I just did my first ever chickens (meat birds). Keep me in mind for any future splitting of chick orders or organic feed orders to save on shipping. We also have ducks and I could talk for days about them!!! Welcome!

Kelly

Hey Kelly!

We are just north of Butler, not too far from you at all. That is so funny that you mention ducks! We have been talking about getting 2 or 3 for the last couple of years for our pond. Never having birds before we were rather nervous; more so due to the predators in this neck of the woods. But we decided to try chickens and see what happens. I love to hear more about all of your chickens and ducks. We too try to do everything organically, including the gardens. Any advice or information you have would be great.

Thanks for the email!

Deana:)

I live in Washington, PA. I keep a very small free range flock.

Note: also looking for a pair of Easter Egger pullets to round out my flock at some point in the future if anybody close enough sells them.

Hi Bluey and Deana--I am thinking of going to the Ohio National Poultry show in Oct/Nov (?) for a day trip. I think it is near Columbus, OH. If either of you are interested, it would be fun to go along with fellow poultry folks.

Think about it!

Kelly

Quote:
Hi neighbor, I live in the Washington area too. I have a pair of EEs and hoping to breed them in the spring. If you don't get any by then, I can sell you a couple pullets if all goes well, I will keep you in mind.

palabeco,

Let me know how the breeding goes and shoot me a message in the spring. I doubt that I'll add any more birds until then.

Thanks neighbor!!!

and a great big hello to my fellow PA brethren on the site!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Bluey, I found your pics on the putting faces with names thread, I recognized the place you were standing in front of, I posted about it on there, take a look.

I live in Washington, PA.

Small state, I went to Waynesburg University... well it was still a tiny college when I was there.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom