3 Diamond Doves
1 Salamander
3 Goldfish

And somewhere under the pile of feathers, fur, and scales is:
1 Very patient and forgiving Wife
3 Daughters
2 Sons

Quote:
I am really close to you. My kids go to Hawk Mountain all the time. So does my DH. It is beautiful there. I think my son will be camping there with scouts as well. I am about 15 minutes from there I think!

Quote:
I am really close to you. My kids go to Hawk Mountain all the time. So does my DH. It is beautiful there. I think my son will be camping there with scouts as well. I am about 15 minutes from there I think!

Been on the mountain for 21 years. Born/raised center city Allentown. Still work there, but would never move back.
The city gets worse every year.
It's a whole different world out here.

Quote:

Been on the mountain for 21 years. Born/raised center city Allentown. Still work there, but would never move back.

Oh A-Town! I went to college at Cedar Crest. I haven't been back there in awhile, but I sure do miss the super fast Chinese take out.

Rocky...you have quite the collections of chickens....are they all in together or do you separate them by breed...just curious as I'm just getting started on this chicken adventure. I would like to breed some, but realized that my almost made coop is already too small for that dream!

LOL

Quote:
All the exotics are together (all hens).
English are in a private area due to their small size (three pairs).
Leghorn hens share an apartment with one rooster. (It's like spring break in there baby).
Several others are paired according to temperment.
The only real trouble is if the three leghorn brothers get to each other. They were fine until puberty hit, then it went downhill. They just have to look at each other from across the yard and they charge each other.

Quote:

My brother works in Allentown and I would not want to be there. I am far enough away that I do not have to worry, but can get there if I need yo. I am real close, like 5 minutes, from Germansville Feed if you know where that is!

Quote:
Ain't that the truth. I have three coops, plus my barn, and still need more pens!
smile.png

Quote:

My brother works in Allentown and I would not want to be there. I am far enough away that I do not have to worry, but can get there if I need yo. I am real close, like 5 minutes, from Germansville Feed if you know where that is!

I think you are about a 15 to 20 minute drive northeast of me. Never been to germansville feed. I get my supplies from Albrights Mill on route 737. It's about a three minute drive from my house. They make their own scratch, which my gals love. Especially the raisins. I alternate it with Layena and whole shelled corn.

Back
Top Bottom