Anyone on that Can Talk me through a few things??? Day 22 and need help!!!!!

BobbieJo81

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
I am on day 22..I just read that I should have put the eggs in a carton when taking them out of the turner--Im afraid its too late to change that, but yesterday I had eggs moving and was expecting a few pips at least this morning, esp in the smaller eggs--but nothing.. The air cells are still growing, so does this mean that they are at tleast still alive?? I did a mostly dry hatch(the first 3-4 days I had water in the troughs but took it out due to high humidity here and the air cells are right on track (even more so the last few days, some have gained a quarter inch or so) I have everything form teeny banty eggs to large LF eggs..I dont know if I should attempt to take one egg and make a hole into the air cell to see whats going on??? I have a few eggs in here that cant be replaced and I have high hopes for them... so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated..

I have tons more info if anyone is on and can help me..

I would not assist, poke holes in the eggs, with the hatching. Assisting a hatch rarely goes well. Give them a few more days. About the egg cartons, some people use them for hatching, many do not. You are ok there. Keep your humidity up so that they do not shrink wrap, and wait. Yes, waiting is the hardest part of hatching eggs. Good luck.

I would not assist, poke holes in the eggs, with the hatching. Assisting a hatch rarely goes well. Give them a few more days. About the egg cartons, some people use them for hatching, many do not. You are ok there. Keep your humidity up so that they do not shrink wrap, and wait. Yes, waiting is the hardest part of hatching eggs. Good luck.
Thank you for the fast reply-- @sumi talked me through making a hole in the air cell to check for movement--there is def still movement, although very little--dunno if the chick is weak or just tired form all the moving it did yesterday. There looks to still be plenty of blood not absorbed yest, so I wet the membrane and left it be

They are still alive, which was my biggest fear, that somehow I killed them all over night.. Our outdoor humidity is pretty high right now, plus I have water in the bator(its reading between 65-70 on 2 diff hygros) and I have the bator in the bathroom and have hot water in the tub to put humidity in the bathroom(its at about 65) to keep them from shrink wrapping-- I also put 2 of my older chicks in a crate in the bathroom in the hopes that their chirping will encourage the hatchers

LOL I think using the chirping older chicks for encouragement is a great idea.
I hope so-- I have been pacing, tryin gto stay out of the bathroom--think I am gonna go drive up and down the road to keep my temptation level down some..lmao

So it is 10 pm on day 23 and we FINALLY have a few internal pips--my girls** (yes they are all girls, they just dont all know it yet..lol) They area all doing great..Its gonna be another long night, hopefully the last all nighter for another 3 weeks or so...

So out of 27 eggs that made it to lockdown: 4 didnt make it, 2 are almost out but still not considered hatched in my eyes, and 21 are happy healthy chirping fuzz butts!!!
All of the babies

One of my Silkie babies...

A couple of the Silkie and Silkie crosses

So out of 27 eggs that made it to lockdown: 4 didnt make it, 2 are almost out but still not considered hatched in my eyes, and 21 are happy healthy chirping fuzz butts!!! All of the babies One of my Silkie babies... A couple of the Silkie and Silkie crosses
Yea!look @ the cute fuzzy babes! What breeds are the others? They look wyandotte-ish!

Back
Top Bottom