Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

There are so many hatchery's that have been around for many years with good reps. I didn't know McMurray or anyother Hatchery, we originally ordered from Farwest in Or because they are closest to us but if you read my post from before you will see why I cancelled and ordered from somewheres else... again not knowing anything about McMurray I made my order online and I had everyone of my chicks I think in a week or little over? All healthy and beautiful!! I lost 2 out of 27 and that is awesome odds for a newby in the chicken world. (I think I missed the two in making sure they knew where the water was?)
This is my runt is peanut, she is a Sultan~ we lost her sister but peanut is a trooper and now struts her stuff in the brooder of 13 different breeds....

This is all very disappointing. I am wanting to add Javas to my flock and wanting to to through a west coast hatchery but when I went to their website www.farwesthatchery.com I got an error message. Do you think they pulled the plug? I would really love it if I could get what I wanted from somewhere closer than the other big hatcheries but it doesn't look good for farwest.

ETA: I just found what is apparently a different website and I was able to access it. I am hoping these guys get their act together in the next few years. It would sure be nice to get my babies from somewhere closer

Last edited:
Where are you located? There's a Spring Poultry Swap taking place in Oregon at the end of April. There might be a breeder there

woot.gif
wow update on Farwest
jumpy.gif
Hatchery.... I just talked to the owner himself!! I called today as I knew Jan would not be there to answer the phone and yet put me off again.... Rachel whom is there today was so helpful!! she even called me back when she said she would and went beyond that and had me talk to the owner! He never knew what was going on and was so very nice... I feel bad now that I had such a bad experience and made that known but if business practice is bad then I guess it's fair to save others from it. I am going to get my refund and I will get another call back from the owner letting me know how it's going..... Teri I believe his name is had a stroke
sad.png
and it's sad that everything was falling apart but he sounds good and I think he will be on top of whats going on a little more closely. I'm still happy I went with McMurray
jumpy.gif
and I just hope everything works out better for FarWest and all whom are dealing with them. :)
D.gif

if you can call them before they close Rachel is working and she is great!! good luck!

OMG I JUST CALLED THEM... THEY ARE CLOSED STILL!!! I JUST WANT MY REFUND!!!

Last edited:
Well they have been closed all this week!!! When I talked to the owner of farwest a week ago he said he would personally look in to my refund.
fl.gif
.crossed my fingers her would. I called this week to check up on it and all I get is a recording..
he.gif
. they are closed all week.. HELLO??? frustrated...
barnie.gif
3 weeks no sign of refund yet

MARCH 25TH... I CALLED AND THEY ARE STILL CLOSED!!!! I JUST WANT MY REFUND!

Last edited:
I ended up getting the three black cochins I wanted from the feed store here in Bend Oregon. Central Oregon Ranch Supply. One of them died but the other two are thriving so far. They have/had a wide assortment. They use a hatchery out of New Mexico.

Previously I ordered from Murray McMurray and they were wonderful. I lost two out of thirty but I only ordered 26 so it worked out. I keep wanted to use Farwest just cause they are local and I can pick them up if I want but after reading this thread I will stick with my local feed stores in Central Oregon. Let them deal with the ordering. They have been using this hatchery for years and years no issues and they have a 90% sexting rate.

http://www.privetthatchery.com/Home/Default.aspx

Back
Top Bottom