Anyone ordered chickens from this place?

Ok so we just priced shipping and its $5 more to get chicks shipped through Meyer then it is for chickens for backyards.com...wow crazy!! Guess it's just expensive no matter which way you slice it to ship live poultry I understand why but still...Wow!!

Not knowing that they are just a broker, I ordered my first chicks from Randall Burkey in Texas. Only because of the Post Office shipping information, I know that the chicks came from Ohio and I ended up paying LOTS more than I would have if I had ordered directly from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. I have a feeling that Meyer actually shipped them. When I called Randall Burkey (Broker) with questions about the delay in the delivery and later a question about the breeds, they could not answer my questions and they would not tell me which hatchery the chicks actually came from. So I would recommend ordering directly from the hatchery. That way if you have questions about delivery or about the breeds, the actual shipper may be able to tell you something. JMO

Back
Top Bottom