Anyone sell eggs at an honor system egg stand? Have problems?

Quote:
Surely, I hope, you misspoke.

lau.gif
that was a fast hatch! Maybe the stand owner needs to refrigerate the eggs, not leave them under a broody.

now that would have made an ... interesting... omelet...
sickbyc.gif

Maybe close to the street would be a bigger temptation. Put the sign out there to see, but direct them up onto your porch or something for the merchandise. At least that way they would be on display more. A motion camera would be good too, but that would cost a lotta eggs!

I wouldn't have the courage to do this...

My neighbor used to do this successfully for years. But within the last 10 years or so, the stand has gotten broken in to repeatedly. They have managed to take (after numerous break ins): watermelons, veggies, money, a whole cash register... And last year, he had a field of collards stolen... He's tried to change things to keep it from happening. But a determined thief is hard to dissuade.

Very tempting with such mixed replies. I am kind of having second thoughts. I think the anger and frustration I would experience after being stolen from would cancel out the pleasure of any profits I made. I'll have to give it some more thought.

there is a local family who has a honor system stand for sweet corn...

she said ONCE in all of her years has she had money taken or corn taken w/o money..

she doesnt even use a lockbox..she uses a glad container lol...

another plae does it but uses a lockbox...no issues there..

both are off a highway and they've done it for YEARS!

I think if I were going to do it I wouldn't use a lock box either. I would be less angry about somebody taking my money than I would about them tearing up something I built.

If you have 30 hens it's not going to be that much money per day.

Our Money thing, is a tabcco can with a slit cut in it
lol.png
if they need change well they can take the top. We under charge ( 1.00 for a bag of beets that has about 5-7 pounds in it) and people are still willing to take stuff. But we only lose a bit a year.

Back
Top Bottom