Anyone set with me this weekend? Set 28 October - Hatching 18 November

Thanks!! i was about to give up. It has been day 21 since 6 last night with no pips or anything when I checked this morning but I started being able to hear the cheeping and then they completely hatched while I was out today and the kids were the first to see! I have 1 due to hatch tomorrow still and one that had a blood ring but I didn't want to give up on it so it's under her and she stole an egg or else my EE banty shared her box to lay an egg last week and it's under her so I've got to take it from her tomorrow.

All six eggs hatched! :D One pipped but never zipped; she was starting to be listless and her egg was drying out, so I helped her out of the egg. She was nearly shrink wrapped. She is weak, probably exhausted; we will see if she makes it. My experience had been, if they need to be helped out, they are weak top begin with, but I wanted to give her the chance. 100% hatch rate, with probable 85% survival rate. Fantastic! All Black Cooper Marans, hatched by a tiny bantam cochin in the bathtub. XD I love listening to the new family chirping to each other, her soft, low clucks and their little cheeps! It never gets old.[/quote

I agree with you for the most part...if you have to help they are often less than perfect but out of 3 i have helped one has grown up normally and if they are shrink wrapped they are normal just the condition have caused it so hard to not help unless you know more which you usually dont until they are out sadly

The two are doing great! Trying to think of names. The reddish on is feisty, climbing all over momma and the other is hiding under mommas fluffy butt, lol. I made a little box to move the family to. I am still waiting for 2 other eggs.

The two are doing great! Trying to think of names. The reddish on is feisty, climbing all over momma and the other is hiding under mommas fluffy butt, lol. I made a little box to move the family to. I am still waiting for 2 other eggs.[/quote
Awe...congrats! Bless their little peeping hearts

Well i had 4 Lavender EES hatch 4 days ago but one was day 22 and sticky and small.Seemed
to do ok at first but wasnt growing at all started to eyedrop feed him yesterday but to no avail poor little thing died last night.First one ive lost after hatch except one who died 3 months after.Always so sad
.Other 3 are doing fantastic
Anyone setting next week? Is a new thread started for 1st week of Dec?
LOOks like i will have BBS eggs arriving about Wed or Thursday.

Last edited:
Well i had 4 Lavender EES hatch 4 days ago but one was day 22 and sticky and small.Seemed
to do ok at first but wasnt growing at all started to eyedrop feed him yesterday but to no avail poor little thing died last night.First one ive lost after hatch except one who died 3 months after.Always so sad
.Other 3 are doing fantastic
Anyone setting next week? Is a new thread started for 1st week of Dec?
LOOks like i will have BBS eggs arriving about Wed or Thursday.

I should be setting under a RIR broody 7-8 Fertile Araucana x RIR eggs on the 5/12/2012

Mommy and babies are doing great. Here's there first outing.

Back
Top Bottom