Staggerd hatch with duck eggs

WelshieDucks

Hatching
Jan 25, 2024
Good morning!
First time hatching using an incubator, and I have some questions. I have 2 friends who want ducklings this month. I put 14 eggs in my incubator on 2/11/24. Unfortunately, 7 of them turned out not to be fertilized +/- didn't develop. I added 7 more eggs on 2/18/24. Now, all 14 are developing nicely -- but they're 1 week apart in their development. I only have one incubator (Hovabator 2370) and looking at the reviews on the ones I can afford (under $40) that will arrive here in time has scared me away from getting a second one. I 100% know this is not ideal, but I'm wondering the best way to help all of the eggs to hatch in one incubator. I'd also happily drive anywhere within 2 hours of Acton, MA if someone had an incubator I could borrow for a week -- I just don't know anyone who has one.
I've learned my lesson. I won't do this again! But if anyone has suggestions to help this time, they would be greatly appreciated! (Pic of Callie with last year's babies. Broody hens are so much easier than incubators!) 
PXL_20230820_192129265~2.jpg

Good morning!
First time hatching using an incubator, and I have some questions. I have 2 friends who want ducklings this month. I put 14 eggs in my incubator on 2/11/24. Unfortunately, 7 of them turned out not to be fertilized +/- didn't develop. I added 7 more eggs on 2/18/24. Now, all 14 are developing nicely -- but they're 1 week apart in their development. I only have one incubator (Hovabator 2370) and looking at the reviews on the ones I can afford (under $40) that will arrive here in time has scared me away from getting a second one. I 100% know this is not ideal, but I'm wondering the best way to help all of the eggs to hatch in one incubator.
so The ones you put in on 2.11 whenever they hatch they will turn the 2.18 eggs. They will also raise your humidity so you wont have to add water until you take them out As long as the 2.11 ducklings are out of the incubator before lockdown on the 2.18 ducklings you should be ok. Have your humidity right during lockdown on 2.18 batch.
I'd also happily drive anywhere within 2 hours of Acton, MA if someone had an incubator I could borrow for a week -- I just don't know anyone who has one.
I've learned my lesson.
my husband always tries to add eggs days later to our incubators and i fuss at him. he always writes a date on the eggs with a pencil, but it still throws me off. Then i run into the problem of one needs to come out and one is peeping. o no what to do?
I won't do this again! But if anyone has suggestions to help this time, they would be greatly appreciated! (Pic of Callie with last year's babies. Broody hens are so much easier than incubators!)  View attachment 3765792
aww what a good girl. pretty babies

so The ones you put in on 2.11 whenever they hatch they will turn the 2.18 eggs. They will also raise your humidity so you wont have to add water until you take them out As long as the 2.11 ducklings are out of the incubator before lockdown on the 2.18 ducklings you should be ok. Have your humidity right during lockdown on 2.18 batch.

my husband always tries to add eggs days later to our incubators and i fuss at him. he always writes a date on the eggs with a pencil, but it still throws me off. Then i run into the problem of one needs to come out and one is peeping. o no what to do?

aww what a good girl. pretty babies
Just realized I hadn't thanked you! I really appreciate your response! Two of the first set of eggs to go in internally pipped this afternoon. Fingers crossed :)

Back
Top Bottom