Anyone Setting eggs on 4/10/12??? Want to hatch with me?

It is the night of the 21 day. I for sure still have some alive, but they look like they are still just playing around. One looks like it is pushing at the membrane. I wonder if that is because of low temperatures....

Still nothing from my 2 eggs, though last night I could have sworn I heard a couple faint chirps coming from the incubator. I know to be patient and let nature run its course, but I think I am running low on water after lockdown, so my humidity is suffering. Is it safe to open the incubator to add more water? Or would it be safer to just see what happens?

Looking in here because I have chicks due thursday and I'm excited.

Stevearino, if none of your eggs have pipped, I'd get warm water and quickly add it to the incubator. Having said, that, I'm not so good with the "lockdown" part of lockdown, so I am encouraging rulebreaking.

I agree with opening to add warm water fast. There should be no problem with it. I'm opening my incubator often to remove pipped eggs to move to the camera hatching area. I've done this with many hatches over many years with little problems. (and I live in a super dry climate)

Still nothing from my 2 eggs, though last night I could have sworn I heard a couple faint chirps coming from the incubator. I know to be patient and let nature run its course, but I think I am running low on water after lockdown, so my humidity is suffering. Is it safe to open the incubator to add more water? Or would it be safer to just see what happens?

If you have the little vent holes on the top of the incubator you can use a turkey baster to dribble in hot water. I use a large syringe (without needle) to drop hot water onto sponges that are positioned below said holes. It works great and I dont have to open the bator.

Good luck!!

Oh golly I have a PIP finally!!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I was starting to think that I wasn't going to have any chicks hatch.

Back
Top Bottom