Anyone setting eggs starting July 15 -July 22?

So my last hatch only had one chick AGAIN !!!! 42 eggs , 41 shipped had some quitters and some that never even started , so on day 25, I am going through eggs, poking a little hole in the top and checking them out, half way thru i hear a peep and the barnyard egg from my mother in laws farm is talking to me. Opened the hole a little bit and see this little chick who wants out, took a whole day for him/her to hatch. Didnt really give it a prayer but 4 days later, it is still going, but it has spradle legs, this is my first time dealing with that..I put a hobble on him/her with vet wrap and it seems to be doing better. tried the bandage deal but what a mess that was. think i tied up his knees... Got him a little day old bantam for company and if he keeps going , maybe he will grow into a strong chicken,, we call him Turtle cause he would lay on his back and not be able to get back up...

So my last hatch only had one chick AGAIN !!!! 42 eggs , 41 shipped had some quitters and some that never even started , so on day 25, I am going through eggs, poking a little hole in the top and checking them out, half way thru i hear a peep and the barnyard egg from my mother in laws farm is talking to me. Opened the hole a little bit and see this little chick who wants out, took a whole day for him/her to hatch. Didnt really give it a prayer but 4 days later, it is still going, but it has spradle legs, this is my first time dealing with that..I put a hobble on him/her with vet wrap and it seems to be doing better. tried the bandage deal but what a mess that was. think i tied up his knees... Got him a little day old bantam for company and if he keeps going , maybe he will grow into a strong chicken,, we call him Turtle cause he would lay on his back and not be able to get back up...

OOH how sweet. I hope all works out for you and the little one. So cute they are. I think the friend should help. Best of luck!!!!
smile.png

This is my gorgeous paint silkie from Catdance silkies, of course the black spots can't be seen from this view, I am praying it is a hen, but my gut is saying roo! These next two are adorable Polish frizzles

from Lovemychicklets on byc! I will post pics of all of them tomorrow!

Last edited:
Took the hobble off little turtle today and his legs stayed under him where they belong. he is still small but eatign, i am weighing him everyday and he is gaining a little bit... On a happy note, 2 of my 4 mutt eggs have hatched and the other 2 are tapping and peeping.. would be nice to get a successful hatch this time....

What are the chicks with the brownish stripe down their backs?
they could b bout most breeds....Phoenix, Araucana, Amercana, RIR....lol

AAWWWW....such a cutie!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

This is my gorgeous paint silkie from Catdance silkies, of course the black spots can't be seen from this view, I am praying it is a hen, but my gut is saying roo! These next two are adorable Polish frizzles

from Lovemychicklets on byc! I will post pics of all of them tomorrow!
Cutie lil Fluffies!!!!!
Took the hobble off little turtle today and his legs stayed under him where they belong. he is still small but eatign, i am weighing him everyday and he is gaining a little bit... On a happy note, 2 of my 4 mutt eggs have hatched and the other 2 are tapping and peeping.. would be nice to get a successful hatch this time....
WOOHOO!!....thats Great News!!!!!

update, I think little turtle in a pullet, did the wing thing and she has 2 rows of feathers...also all 4 eggs hatched of the yardbirds and of course are all black chicks...no cute yellow ones for me...turtle and the other 4 are all together and are doing great...

update, I think little turtle in a pullet, did the wing thing and she has 2 rows of feathers...also all 4 eggs hatched of the yardbirds and of course are all black chicks...no cute yellow ones for me...turtle and the other 4 are all together and are doing great...

Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

5 lil chickies is Awesum!!

HOPE EVERYONES CHICKS THAT HAVE BEEN HATCHED HERE ARE DOING WELL AND GROWING STRONG!
Its been about 4 weeks or so....updated pics anyone?
As soon as I get something to take a camera and get something other than rain....I will post of pic of my two lovely BLRW. Not sure if they will be black or blue as well as roo or hen. Usually I can tell....have a feeling I have two roos though - UGH. Dont know what to do if that is the case, I have too many roos already and I have fallen in love with these little buggers.
NEED HENS!!!! A hen just hatched out a few more chicks for me two days ago so will see if any of those are hens. Amazing that hens get a 100% hatch rate and when I incubate its a nightmare. Oh well, mother nature knows best I guess.

i will post a picture but little turtle has been put in with the other group of chciks and i cant tell which one she is, no indications of a leg problem at all..amazing. .. i did just have 4 chicks hatch yesterday, just yard mixes but cute, one is aturken. looks so starnge hatching out with his little toupee head and pink neck. pictures coming later today..

Back
Top Bottom