Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

Funny lovely fact, My husband got a reservation to a local hotel for us to stay til sunday, I will go to vacations with the eggs lol! I will take the bay there so he can finish hatch!!!

Well I will play the waiting game as he is loud and wiggling hard, but not as yesterday, I dont want to assist as when I assist at least chickens, when they are almost out and got stuck on their wacky stuff, Once I wasnt too expert and killa few as they wasnt prepared, yolk sack was half way absorbed, things like that, now I look closer, if I see blood, I wrap the egg as a burrito with moist towels and wait a few more hours, But with emus OMG its different, well you can correct me if im wrong, they do not has the stiky stuff the chicks got stick to the egg and the membrane ir emus does???
eggs that don't lose as much weight tend to have a goo which remains in the shell when they hatch.. I've only noticed it on the eggs that were at the low end of weight loss.. and i believe msheets also had a chick with a puddle of goo left in the shell.

other than that they CAN get a little of the membrane stuck to them.. but it's nothing like a sticky baby chicken .. for emus the membrane tends to be a lot drier.. so it isn't nearly as much of a concern as long as the humidity in the incubator has been low

eggs that don't lose as much weight tend to have a goo which remains in the shell when they hatch.. I've only noticed it on the eggs that were at the low end of weight loss.. and i believe msheets also had a chick with a puddle of goo left in the shell.

other than that they CAN get a little of the membrane stuck to them.. but it's nothing like a sticky baby chicken .. for emus the membrane tends to be a lot drier.. so it isn't nearly as much of a concern as long as the humidity in the incubator has been low

Yes the humidity was low so and I did run the incubator dry. But theres not a chance for it then to got stuck as the chickens!! thanks so much !!!!

Im so sad, after hours of intended hatch!,,, on day 52 hatched , assisted as he didnt has any intention to get out of the shell, malposicioned chick, with wry neck and one deformity on one leg, was bigger than the other, died yesterday 24 hours after hatch, looked so premature, but with 52 days on shell and already 24 hours after getting into the air sack. Will post the video.
hit.gif
Bye vodka!!!

Pollitollito- Sorry about your chick. :(

I weighed the 2nd batch of eggs yesterday.

Original Weight-

C4B- 464g
C1- 578g
C4- 634g

Current Weight-

C4B- 448g, lost 16 grams
C1- 560g, lost 18 grams
C4- 624g, lost 10 grams This is the one that went ''weeping'' on set day.

8 more days until the wiggle test on D and E! :D

Last edited:
Polli, So very sorry. I was routing for you and your chick.

Farmerboy, So good to see you! Hope you have a good hatch.

We are on day 15 here. The scale that I ordered never came. I am rolling the egg often, and have made a jar for family to place suggestions for EMU names for us. We are expecting 26 relatives for Easter tomorrow, they already think we're crazy having chickens, wait till they see what's in the incubator now!

Our egg color is not as uniform emerald as I see the ones that are posted on line. There are many 'patches' of kind of a cream background leaking through. I'm not sure how to describe it. I'm keeping an eye out for any odors.

My son brought the egg home from school.I was told this was a fresh egg, laid within 24 hours of when we got it. But when I went to the zoo where it supposedly came from, guess what??... no EMUs. So I went to the animal rescue where it could have come from. Yup, EMUs there. But the grain store that delivers their food told me that their EMUs aren't laying. Quite the mystery.

I have wigglers! Day 36 and I'm getting anxious. So sad to hear about the ones who are losing emu babies.
hugs.gif
It's making me nervous. One of my eggs is following 15% weight loss on the chart exactly and the other one isn't losing as much weight but still wiggling.

we are on day 17, no scale. Should I just go buy a scale at at the post office? Is it helpful at all to start weighing now, and compare weights from here on out not having a starting weight?

Back
Top Bottom