Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

I opened all the eggs to clean and guess what, from 13 eggs there was a total of 1 chick hatched but died the firs 25 hours after, 3 not so developed chicks dead and 3 stinkers and the rest DUDS you could see clearly the white and not so yelow stuff! yack they smelled soooo baddd, still has 6 egg at the bator, lets see this where placed on march 25..... ah The emus I got wiskey and tekila are HUGEEEEEE beautifull birds!!! keep updated

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's day 49.

wee.gif

I opened all the eggs to clean and guess what, from 13 eggs there was a total of 1 chick hatched but died the firs 25 hours after, 3 not so developed chicks dead and 3 stinkers and the rest DUDS you could see clearly the white and not so yelow stuff! yack they smelled soooo baddd, still has 6 egg at the bator, lets see this where placed on march 25..... ah The emus I got wiskey and tekila are HUGEEEEEE beautifull birds!!! keep updated

So sorry for your unfortunate hatch :(

Our Thing 2 hatched at 12:04AM and it was way too big after hatching to stay in the incubator. We snuggled for about 2 hours until dry until he/she could go into the brooder. Yikes, tired night. My other egg is wiggling and whistling but no pips. It's day 50. The other egg, Thing 1, did not lose as much weight as I would like so I've got my fingers crossed and am encouraged by the wiggles and whistles.

Our Thing 2 hatched at 12:04AM and it was way too big after hatching to stay in the incubator. We snuggled for about 2 hours until dry until he/she could go into the brooder. Yikes, tired night. My other egg is wiggling and whistling but no pips. It's day 50. The other egg, Thing 1, did not lose as much weight as I would like so I've got my fingers crossed and am encouraged by the wiggles and whistles.

love.gif

marathonmultiplesmom- Congrats!!!

Today is Day 39 for the first 2 eggs!!!

I weighed the first batch on Thursday-

Original weight-

D- 604g
E- 630g

2nd weight-

D- 592g lost 12 grams
E- 614g lost 16 grams

3rd weight-

D- 578g lost 14 grams
E- 598g lost 16 grams

4th weight-

D- 566g lost 12 grams
E-580g lost 18 grams

5th weight-

D- 552 lost 14 grams
E- 562 lost 18 grams

Current weight-

D- 546 lost 6 grams
E- 548 lost 14 grams

Egg D lost 56 grams total
Egg E lost 82 grams total

Egg E wiggled very slightly, so I have high hope for that egg! Also, when I set it on the table, it would not stay still, just kept rolling around. It did not do that when I took it out of the bator last time I weighed it. Does that mean that it has a live chick?! Just 12 more days until due date!!! Egg D, I am not sure about it, I felt the insides sloshing around again, but I can feel the cold air cell, so that might mean that the air cell is still intact...

I weighed the 2nd batch of eggs on Friday.
Today is day 24 on 3 eggs! Half way now!!!

Original Weight-

C4B- 464g
C1- 578g
C4- 634g

2nd Weight-

C4B- 448g, lost 16 grams
C1- 560g, lost 18 grams
C4- 624g, lost 10 grams- This is the one that went ''weeping'' on set day.

3rd Weight-

C4B- 436 lost 8 grams
C1- 542 lost 18 grams
C4- 620 lost 4 grams

4th Weight-

C4B- 422 lost 14 grams
C1- 522 lost 20 grams
C4- 616 lost 4 grams

C4B- lost 48 grams Total
C1- lost 56 grams Total- I think that it is losing weight too fast, what to do about it?
C4- lost 18 grams Total- I think that it is losing weight too slow, what to do about that too?

Back
Top Bottom