Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

People forget that not all climates exist equally too. I live in Idaho and it is very dry here so I had a pretty sizable cup of water in my incubator, but it still took a few weeks to get the amount of surface area just right. My Hydrometer was reading about 50-55% when I got it right, I know the humidity was correct because of the weight loss in the eggs as recorded weekly and not because of the meter. If anything the meter let me know if the humidity was stable and when the water level was getting low because it'd drop to around 40% but that was the extent of it's usefulness.
Something as simple as living next to a body of water can change the local humidity as well.

or having aquariums in the home... lol.. people don't realize that there are so many variables.. so that's one reason why I try to get people that are having problems to monitor their eggs and try to ignore the hygrometer

I have a wiggler! My sister and I watched egg E, and we saw it wiggle quite a few times! Whoo hoo!!! :ya And it had sounded more hollow than egg D when I did the tap test, according to my 11 year old sister since she has better hearing than I do, for I was born deaf. ;) But I can hear with cochlear implants. :D

Last edited:
So Im on day 48 of my hatch and all 5 eggs have wiggled!!! They are due to hatch this weekend so Im pretty excited! Its def been a long 50 days!!!

Okay so Im on day 50 today, Im kinda worried because the last few times that I've tried whistling to the eggs they haven't moved like they did on day 48. Should I be concerned? Also there was a weird sudden spike to 101 degrees for less than 2 hours... Im so anxious to see if they are going to hatch

Okay so Im on day 50 today, Im kinda worried because the last few times that I've tried whistling to the eggs they haven't moved like they did on day 48. Should I be concerned? Also there was a weird sudden spike to 101 degrees for less than 2 hours... Im so anxious to see if they are going to hatch

do they still move at all?...
have you tried tap testing the eggs?

another thing to try is to hold the egg to your ear and see if you can hear anything... it could be that the little guy was sleeping.. but if he has internally pipped you should hear something when you hold the egg to your ear.. if he hasn't internally pipped yet you may not hear anything at all...

My Dad who is in on this project says that Egg B was moving last night at around 8 pm when he whistled to it. As far as the others they do wiggle just the tiniest bit. I haven't tried the tap test because Im not all to sure on how to do it lol

My Dad who is in on this project says that Egg B was moving last night at around 8 pm when he whistled to it. As far as the others they do wiggle just the tiniest bit. I haven't tried the tap test because Im not all to sure on how to do it lol

if they wiggle they are still alive... not a guarantee that they will hatch.. but that they are still alive and kicking

Back
Top Bottom