Anyone use the 5 gallon top-fill drinker from Harris Farms? (4-H top fill drinker)

Firemenlovechicks

Songster
10 Years
Jan 5, 2010
Medina, TN (near Jackson)
I bought one tonight from TSC, got it home and the thing just WILL NOT hold water! There were no instructions, and there was a loose plastic piece that looked similar to a plastic nipple...... I put this piece between the float plate and the bottom drain under the bucket, with the flat side up. It just looked like the only place it could go. It still drains ALL of the water out.

Anybody have one of these? Have you had any problems? I feel like I am missing something.... It's making me feel kind of like an idiot :)

HELP!! LOL

Thanks!

Jeff

BTW...... just a word about their customer service...... THEY ARE AWESOME! I sent them an email Sunday night, fully expecting it to take a day or two before someone got back with me. NOPE! I had an answer to my email within an hour.... on a Sunday night!

Harris Farms makes these, as well as a wide selection of poultry feeders, waterers, and accessories. They are available through Tractor Supply and most farm stores.

Thanks, Guys, for the great customer service!

Jeff

I have 3!! Love them!!! Have several flocks and will be having one for each flock soon!!
wee.gif

I am thinking of ordering one of these online and have two questions:

- Can they be hung from a chain inside the coop and still function? I saw on one review that they don't work correctly when they are hung because the weight of the 5 gallons bends the bucket.

- Can you see the level of water from the outside? We have a galvanized waterer right now and it is hard to gauge how much water is left so that my chickens sometimes end up going a day without until I notice.

I HATED THAT THING AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't get it to stop leaking either. I even had a level out to make sure it was in a level area. No dice. Drove me nuts so I ended up returning it.

I have 2 of these and love them. Had the leakage problem with one at first but followed the diagram on the back to get the little float back in place and no more problems. I want to buy 2 more-have several other kinds of waterers but like these the best.

Would you be willing to share the tips that you received from Harris Farms? I just purchased one and it leaks like a seive! I've considered returning it, but felt like I should do a little research before doing so to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom