Anyone wanna do a Spring Pheasant or Chukar Hatch along ?

Put 12 in the incubator this morning. So many questions it seems a miracle if any hatch. :-/

Some talk about standing them - what's that?
The time loading the incubator dropped the temp a bit - but if it needs turned twice a day doesn't that cause temp fluctuation? And that reduces hatching?

Got my first Red Golden Pheasant hatched today.

2011-05-17174913.jpg

Cheap brooder's
hide.gif

2011-05-17174936.jpg

Red Golden 1 + 96 = 97

2011 BYC CHukar hatch total: 16
2011 BYC Pheasant hatch total: 97

Quote:
I rather like your brooders - how many pheasant chicks do you put in each one and how long do they stay?

well there are 3 red goldens in there with five chukars. I think its good for a week no longer . I put them in these because its easier for them to find the food an water.

Chukar: 5 + 16 = 21

Pheasants 97 + 2 = 99 + 1= 100

2011 BYC CHukar hatch total: 21
2011 BYC Pheasant hatch total: 100

Chukars just are not doing well here ......lol

Last edited:
set 70+ pheasant and 3 more white chukars yesterday (lost count).. I'm double stacking pheasant eggs in the sportsman
roll.png

good note, my shipped bob eggs are hatching. 6 out of 10 are out.. one bout to pop and 1 more zipping.. bout time to rock and roll on the pheasants and chukars..

Quote:
Grats on the New fuzzy butts
clap.gif

I just set another 25 Pheasant eggs
th.gif
I am gonna need a bigger Bator
hide.gif

You and me both... I'm double stacked! Thinking it's time to start constructing a big cabinet... Boy I love having the tools to do so!

I just set 15 valley quail... How many days do they gotta sit before hatching? I seen any where from 17 to 25 days.

Dom

Back
Top Bottom