Yellow golden pheasant eggs fertile?

Caedan

Chirping
Apr 23, 2021
I have just gotten a yellow golden pheasant pair from online and the hen is laying, I want to hatch the eggs so I can add more hens to my flock. But she was with red golden pheasant rooster before I got the pair. How long do I have to wait until the red golden pheasant rooster eggs are done and they are pure yellow golden pheasant eggs?

So if I wait a month to start collecting eggs for incubation will the hen still be laying half way through June/ what’s the general egg production for golden pheasants?

Depending on your location, she may or may not still be laying. Most likely she put egg production on hold during the move and getting settled in her new surroundings/ enclosure.
On average they can retain the sperm packet for 14 to 21 days.
I'm in South Central Texas and my birds start laying mid March, sometimes by the last week in February, and lay until early July.

Depending on your location, she may or may not still be laying. Most likely she put egg production on hold during the move and getting settled in her new surroundings/ enclosure.
On average they can retain the sperm packet for 14 to 21 days.
I'm in South Central Texas and my birds start laying mid March, sometimes by the last week in February, and lay until early July.
Thanks, so the red goldens eggs will be in her till 21 days later, and she might lay till July?

Also, she laid the next morning when I got her (might have already formed and she had to get it out) but I haven’t gotten anymore eggs

Back
Top Bottom