Anyone's Chicken Ever Survive Aspirating Medicine?

She did not. :(
Can I ask how long it took her to eventually pass? My silkie aspirated some liquid, and while she doesn’t exactly sound good (she still makes a sort of gurgling noise), it’s been two days, and she’s still eating and drinking.

Can I ask how long it took her to eventually pass? My silkie aspirated some liquid, and while she doesn’t exactly sound good (she still makes a sort of gurgling noise), it’s been two days, and she’s still eating and drinking.
About 12 hours, I think. The thing is, we think she aspirated it overnight... Like it came up from her crop sometime overnight... so I wasn't sure exactly when it happened.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I know what a horrible feeling it is.

My girl died almost exactly 24 hours after aspirating. She was still eating a few bites of food up until a few hours before she died.
Do you think there’s a chance mine could still pass? It’s been a little while now, and she’s acting as normal as ever, but whenever I pick her up or she gets stressed out, it sounds like something is stuck in her throat.

About 12 hours, I think. The thing is, we think she aspirated it overnight... Like it came up from her crop sometime overnight... so I wasn't sure exactly when it happened.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I know what a horrible feeling it is.
Thank you, I’m just praying she survives.

Do you think there’s a chance mine could still pass? It’s been a little while now, and she’s acting as normal as ever, but whenever I pick her up or she gets stressed out, it sounds like something is stuck in her throat.
Have you tried giving her olive oil? I believe the standard dose is 1 teaspoon if you believe there is a minor obstruction. I have given it several times very good results. As always, use care when having to give them something with a dropper.

That’s terrible what happened to Chooch. 😢 I have found that bird vets are terrible. At least where I live. They are uncaring. When my girl died at the vet, he continued prodding her stomach, almost like he was glad she died so he could push harder on her to figure out if there was an obstruction. It was disgusting. From now on, my birds will die at home just as they are supposed to die.

I read where someone said something like — I refuse to let it destroy me when one of my birds die. I tell them goodbye, and I move on. This has allowed me to enjoy having small pets for the past 25 years.

My precious Eeyore has taught me a valuable lesson about death. We really do have a choice on how we handle their deaths. They are on the other side and are fine! We did not want them to suffer, the last thing they want is for US to suffer. They were here to give us joy. So from now on, I will try my hardest to thank them for the joy they gave me, and I will move on - for them! They will be happy we are ok! I believe in reincarnation... and these sweet little creatures are still with us and want us to be just as happy as we wanted them to be.
I really needed this right now. Thank you ❤

Back
Top Bottom